Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Just placed an order with my local dealer for the new IS-F :lol: although my partner thinks I am mad as there is not confirmed spec or price yet. Does anyone have any details on the full spec (I have checked out both the UK and US lexus web site and there is not really alot there. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi matey,

If you run a seach here for "IS-F", you will return a few topics that have been made quite recently, giving a run down of specifications and comments etc.

Looking forward to hearing the progress,

J

I tried following the link and doing a search for IS-F and received no results... Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

Interested by your post, I "ordered" an IS-F back in January - basically spoke to the manager at my dealership and am in the back of his book, and when real ordering process arrives I'll go in first.

Having seen your post, I just rang, and you still can't officially order an IS-F on Lexus IT systems.

He said "Some dealers might take a couple of grand off you, but don't worry as soon as we can order one, we'll call"

Apparantly some people think they may come late this year, others think early next year, no one knows the price.

Just got to sit it out!

Hi,

Interested by your post, I "ordered" an IS-F back in January - basically spoke to the manager at my dealership and am in the back of his book, and when real ordering process arrives I'll go in first.

Having seen your post, I just rang, and you still can't officially order an IS-F on Lexus IT systems.

He said "Some dealers might take a couple of grand off you, but don't worry as soon as we can order one, we'll call"

Apparantly some people think they may come late this year, others think early next year, no one knows the price.

Just got to sit it out!

Thats what i was told too, my name is down toooooo :winky: waiting for the call.

Dont know if you went to lexus stockport ? did you leave a deposit ?

Have any of you actually driven an IS350 (US/Jap) yet? Tango I know has - it'll be the closest you'll get to the IS-f...

Have any of you driven an Audi RS4? I'd certainly want to - espececially if I was shelling £40+oddK out...I drove the S4 a while back, and the IS-f will have to be some car to beat the sheer muscle of the standard 4WD S4, let alone an RS4 - and I'm not talking straightline speed, but sheer driveability of the whole package...

Just grip and torque of the V8 is amazing in a small car...

Hi,

Just got to sit it out!

Thats what i was told too, my name is down toooooo :winky: waiting for the call.

Dont know if you went to lexus stockport ? did you leave a deposit ?

No deposit paid, I got a 400h from these guys last year, so it's done on a handshake, they'll probably only need £500 deposit when the order is done formally

Have any of you actually driven an IS350 (US/Jap) yet? Tango I know has - it'll be the closest you'll get to the IS-f...

Have any of you driven an Audi RS4? I'd certainly want to - espececially if I was shelling £40+oddK out...I drove the S4 a while back, and the IS-f will have to be some car to beat the sheer muscle of the standard 4WD S4, let alone an RS4 - and I'm not talking straightline speed, but sheer driveability of the whole package...

I don't rate the IS-F...for reasons I've already posted...the V6 IS 350 with the 300+ bhp is absolutely great as a RWD road car and I would have purchased one instead of my 250 had it been available in the UK. Sticking the V8 lump in the same body shell, and the modifications to make the IS-F (some necessary, but others just to make it look different) has detracted from the original design concept of the second generation IS to the extent of making it look ugly IMHO, and probably not the best way to spend up to an additional £20K.....that's £200 per bhp which you'll use ....when?

In comparison I'm sorry to say the Audi RS4 looks the DB's alongside the IS-F, and I think it will probably be a better all round performer.

Despite this, if the rumours are true and Lexus really are limiting the number of IS-F released to the UK to 150, then it may be worth placing an order on the off chance that you can find someone gullible enough to pay you more than book price for one before or after delivery. :whistling:

Just grip and torque of the V8 is amazing in a small car...

You guys are so lucky

If they are going to be the same price as a M3 as someone suggested in an earlier thread they will be over €100,000 over here which is crazy money for a car ( or at least my wife thinks so)

Barry,....its time you moved north!!!!!!!my IS250 Exec with ML package cost me €30,200 to buy there plus £3600 sterling vat here.plus youll make on your house............:) :blush: :winky:

Official article now in the new Lexus Magazine - On Natures Wings

0-60 - 4.9s

Top speed 168 (limited artificially - higher than 155 so you can overtake an M3 comfortably on the autobahn)

5l V8

8 Speed Direct Seq box

Car looks awesome. Lower than a snakes belly, squat, with a bulging bonnet - almost Dolphin forehead like and mildly flared arches (gil/finned on the fronts) - though not as brutal as I believe the directest competitor - RS4. They really should have done something about those wheels - they're just like the ones on my SE, albeit bigger :lol: Also has lovely grill (upper and lower - in the front dam), and deeper, almost running board type skirts.

Apparently it has the 8 speed gearbox (worlds first 8speed direct), with direct seq shift, and 2 modes to keep you amused.

Just over 400bhp, and 370lbft of pull. The article notes have an error though - at one point (preliminary specs section) it states the car has over 204bhp :unsure: how stoopid is that typo!!!???

It also has "stacked" rear quad 'zorsts...looks nice...but too similar to the standard SE/SE-L. Some may like that...I do...I love the wolf in sheeps clothing philosophy...need to get out more...one piicture implies a clear indicator lens at the back, but it's been so photoshopped you never know...

What it needs is a Jordan F1 type viper snake painted on the side !

The prrof in the desert will be in the driving. It has to beat the new M3 (2 door) and the RS4 - Sadly there are no shots of the interior.

So far so good. I'm tempted now... ^_^ just need those numbers to come up this Saturday

Sadly there are no shots of the interior.

Saw it in the flesh at the Houston Autoshow....the trim on the doors and centre console are carbon fibre & only seating for two in the back

I have to say - I thought the RS4 Interior was drab...which it is....but this looks wierd with the cream console...is that wood? Or Ivory? That's been banned...looks like it's made from a Milky Bar...delicious!!

Too many colours inside to look smart...Never seen Carbon in that colour before...they should have made that the same colour as the exterior...

Too many colours inside to look smart...Never seen Carbon in that colour before...they should have made that the same colour as the exterior...

It's like this, which has been available as a cover over for some time in the US...also available in black. Other pic shows the 19" BBS wheels which Lexus commissioned before BBS almost came to bankruptcy..wonder if Toyota bailed them out? Same size wheels and suspension drop as mine.. the brembo brakes are an awful lot bigger though. :whistling:

Hello everyone.

Yes i read the article in the New LEXUS mag and i'm happy to say it looks spectacular

I asked last month at Newcastle abouth the IS F and they knew lees about it than we do.

I may put down a deposit if the price is right once realsed, I could live with about £44k

anymore than that and the wife goes on eBay. :P

Infinity

Sorry - bit off topic....

Jamboo mentioned in his post about an article in Lexus Magazine.

How do you get hold of that?

I get the Audi equivalent, which is an excellent magazine.

Thanks

Markee

Register on the Lexus website as an owner. You need you reg and I think your VIN number as well.

I have the Lexus magazine, and the ISF does look stunning in those pics, i love the colour too.

It looks like they have changed the tailpipe design, which i think looks better than the ones they had on the one first shown.

There is some info on the ISF on the Lexus GB site now.

I see also :offtopic: that there is an RX350 sport coming out too !

I never registered on the LGB site - it just started coming through the post when I ordered my car, and I'm sure the frst one arrive a day or 2 before the car was delivered.

You might want to speak to your dealer - I'm sure that once you buy a Lexus from an approved garage, they get your details and send you a mag automatically.

ON TOPIC - Good luck to those who are considering the ISF - looks a menacing machine. Just hope the steering feel is improved over the current IS - should be...'cos having 400+BHP needs as much fedback from that steering as you can get...