Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Devil Has Tempted Me

:shifty: Well guys my Lexus days may be coming to an end :crybaby::whistling:

My m8 has a tasty looking Black WRX Sti 52 plate and will swap me for the Lex :crying: hes loaded and has taken it as a part ex on a Rover Rally car hes built.

Its worth more than the Lex to so thats a good deal :)

I need to use the car for a few days and check insurance etc then make up my mind, i have owned 2 GC8 Scoobys and love them , i actually cried when i sold my Black WRX and watched it drive away LOL.

I love everything about them, the engine noise, the drive , the handling the power LOL :tomato:

I will keep you all posted and when i use it will post some pics of it

Dave aka Bulldog

tis gutting havin to sell a car that your attached to, can't afford to keep mine at the moment, so mine's going when my insurance is due

I am just waiting for some of the supercharged guys to leave heehee

Could be sooner rather than later.... :whistling:

Likely to be the whole lot though...

Edited by Kazi

Dave i say go for it.when you were telling us the story at charlesworth about your wrx goin down the street,you nearly made me cry.

This is even sadder, I once had an XR3i which I blew up (an oil pressure related illness) and at the time I couldn't afford another car (I was an apprentice) but my dad's mate had just bought a new car and decided he would give me his old one, which I thought was cool, until I saw it! a big black Granada!!!!

I hated it at first, but after a few days I actually grew quite attached to the big girl, even nick naming her Big Mama, I kept her for about a year until bits started falling off her, and I tell you I was in floods of tears when I traded her in and watched her drive into a big lock up with the door closing down behind her, oh ***** I'm welling up just thinkin about it :crybaby::crybaby:

All that for a granada i dread to think what you'll be like when you get rid of the lex

I aint gettin rid of the lex now, I've changed my mind, Its too good looking, and the M3 isn't. So now I have to just try and match the power and performance of the M3, which I'm sure wont be easy, or cheap! :blush:

i wouldnt say the e46 M3 is an ugly car in comparison to the ist gen IS.Its also unrealistic to compare a £23k car with a £45k. The reason the M3 is regarded as good is that its power is acheived NA and not by strapping large turbos or chargers too it.its got a fat arse thats about its only ugly feature.

I can assure you if I could afford a E46 M3 I wouldn't hesitate, the one I was lookin at was a T plate M3 Evo, and the Lex is better looking than th E36. I just really want the power, the M3 evo is capable of 175mph just by taking off the limiter!!

I'm still in 2 minds cause I was lookin at the prices of tuning up the Lex and it aint cheap, I'd have to spend more than I was gonna be payin for the M3 and I'd still not get close to the performance of the M3, and it'd be a whole lot of hard work.

So I still aint rulin out the beemer I just need more time to think! :blink:

the e36 is an ugly car in comparison to the first gen IS,i thought you meant the e46 sorry,but look out, cos as soon as the e92 comes out the e46 is gonna become cheap as chips.Ive seen one with 101k going for £15k and they are only gonna get cheaper,so id wait a bit.you can pick up a good e36 with around 70k for sub £8k which is pretty good considering the power you get,whack a supercharger on an e36 for £3.5k and you can have 460hp and 340lf/ft of torque,thats an rs4 eater then for around £11.5k which is pretty unbeatable.

I'll prob keep the lex for another year and get an E46 in time for next summer, I just got a fat pay rise so it'll be fully noticable by next year. I just love lookin at the lex, but it aint all that to drive, I want a real drivers car with bags of go, cause sadly the lovely lex is all bark and no bite, all show and no go, unless you get a charged 300 hmmm :huh:

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Jun 14 2007, 10:35 PM)
I'll prob keep the lex for another year and get an E46 in time for next summer, I just got a fat pay rise so it'll be fully noticable by next year. I just love lookin at the lex, but it aint all that to drive, I want a real drivers car with bags of go, cause sadly the lovely lex is all bark and no bite, all show and no go, unless you get a charged 300 hmmm :huh:

So very true.

BTW Rsarin i have just secured my e46 soft top M3, in black for a decent price. :winky:

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Jun 14 2007, 10:35 PM)

The BMW that I have just got (yes..I know its an oil burner), but its got M suspension and lots of power and torque and with the Mtech sports kit looks nice and is pretty low too. It sort of like that BMW have taken the fun out of modding it in that most of the things I would have done have already been done.

The Lexus on the otherhand is like the underdog. Yes from factory its handling is not quite as good and its nowhere near as powerful or economical, but I found it more fun to mod, where as with the BMW its ECU flashes for this, Light Control Module reprogramming, limp mode, diagnostics etc when you want to made changes -its like a computer with 4 wheels. I think you can make the lexus more your "own" then you can with a BMW. Don't get me wrong, you can do lots to your BMW too if you really want to, but when the factory items are so good in many cases it seems hard to justify spending the money if your not a hardcore car modder and the mass of electronics just gets in the way and makes it less fun (but then when has modding had any relation to sense? lol)

Hope I made some sort of sense with my ramblings.

So very true.

BTW Rsarin i have just secured my e46 soft top M3, in black for a decent price. :winky:

Well done mate! Hope we get to see some pics of what sounds like a great car!! :D

Anees you are talkin absolute sense mate,it is a comp on wheels. The mods one can do are huge tho,but very expensive,especially on the M3. The M3 cats and X pipe i have, set me back £1.5k,thats just a 3hp increase which i feel was alot.considering you get 50hp for £2.5k on the lex with the S/C.The E46 is expensive to mod in comparison to the e36,but like i said b4 its only gonna get cheaper as soon as the E92 hits the market.

Pip congrats bud,thats awesome,i like the convertible alot,just its a little heavier than the coupe which put me of a little,but it doesnt make a huge difference in real life.Im happy with the M3 thats why i decided to keep it alongside an RS6,just cos its an awesome machine for what it is.The biturbo on the rs6 make it a quicker car on paper at least,but it certainly aint as much fun to drive as an M car.

BTW these guys are the daddies,i use em for everything

http://www.simpsonmotorsport.co.uk/

Anees you are talkin absolute sense mate,it is a comp on wheels. The mods one can do are huge tho,but very expensive,especially on the M3. The M3 cats and X pipe i have, set me back £1.5k,thats just a 3hp increase which i feel was alot.considering you get 50hp for £2.5k on the lex with the S/C.The E46 is expensive to mod in comparison to the e36,but like i said b4 its only gonna get cheaper as soon as the E92 hits the market.

Pip congrats bud,thats awesome,i like the convertible alot,just its a little heavier than the coupe which put me of a little,but it doesnt make a huge difference in real life.Im happy with the M3 thats why i decided to keep it alongside an RS6,just cos its an awesome machine for what it is.The biturbo on the rs6 make it a quicker car on paper at least,but it certainly aint as much fun to drive as an M car.

BTW these guys are the daddies,i use em for everything

http://www.simpsonmotorsport.co.uk/

Jesus you got the RS6 as well Rsarin?

I must admit that i do like the RS4 estate more. Both awesome cars though.

Anees i will bang pics up soon dude. :winky: