Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Using Mm / Sat Nav On The Move...

Having had an IS220d on demo, I noticed that the Sat Nav and phone have limited functionality while on the move.

While I understand this is for safety reasons, if I had a passenger with me (as I did for most of the test drive period, as it ran over the bank holiday weekend) they could amend the destination / select a number from the phonebook for me, in complete safety.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to have the dealer reconfigure the system to allow the full functionality of all devices while driving?

TIA.

The dealer will NOT advise on any mods to do with sat nav on the move or mm on the move. Definate no no to them. I have a good friend who is a tec and he informed me that the limited information available to them has to stay within the dealer walls.

Unless you do some diy there isn't a mod which will work on uk spec models. I have a few helpful tips for Bluetooth clarity but thats about it.

Having said that individual requirements are different from others. Incidentally i am referring to the main service menu.

There is a semi-work around 'speed dial' as this can be used while driving.

The best thing todo is set the 17 most obvious numbers you are likely to call. Press the ring button on your steering wheel click on speed-dial, select the number you want to ring and away you go ;)

There is a semi-work around 'speed dial' as this can be used while driving.

The best thing todo is set the 17 most obvious numbers you are likely to call. Press the ring button on your steering wheel click on speed-dial, select the number you want to ring and away you go ;)

Or preprogramme for voice operation and 'dial by name' that can also be done on the move...as does voice command for destination, but I've only used the 'go home' command so far.

There are only 17 speed dials - I have 27 starting with A on my phone, so it's a bit useless, though I have the main ones (including the Take Away...) in my 17.

The bottom line is that it is do with safety, so if you fiddle with the wires, you could be taking yours and someone elses life into your hands...even the Garmin C330 that I used in USA wouldn't allow you set a destination while driving...

I wish you could set the destination using speech rec, where you can spell out a street name and town...or post code...you can on some Extended Speech Rec now available on some cars. That would do it.

The bottom line is that it is do with safety, so if you fiddle with the wires, you could be taking yours and someone elses life into your hands...even the Garmin C330 that I used in USA wouldn't allow you set a destination while driving...

The 'Neverlost' satnav fitted in the Hertz hire cars in the US give you a nanny warning when you try and programme a destination on the move, but then states press 'OK' if you want a passenger to use it on the move...so you can override no problem :winky: .

The 'Neverlost' satnav fitted in the Hertz hire cars in the US give you a nanny warning when you try and programme a destination on the move, but then states press 'OK' if you want a passenger to use it on the move...so you can override no problem :winky: .

Clever thinking - that's you'd never be lost :shutit: