Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help!

kam05

Just recently (this weekend gone) I've replaced my timing belt, done a oil change (with replacement filter) and replaced my leaky radiator.

Driving into work this morning and the engine management light came on! Have done a search for old posts, can't seem to find the problem. The car isn't misfiring, its running on all 6 cylinders, it also not in limp mode. Any ideas what else I can do. Will try and reset the ecu later on, can someone remind me how this is done?

Also, any ideas on cost of having the fault code read?

Thanks

Not a great start to the day, and its also my b'day!

Just recently (this weekend gone) I've replaced my timing belt, done a oil change (with replacement filter) and replaced my leaky radiator.

Driving into work this morning and the engine management light came on! Have done a search for old posts, can't seem to find the problem. The car isn't misfiring, its running on all 6 cylinders, it also not in limp mode. Any ideas what else I can do. Will try and reset the ecu later on, can someone remind me how this is done?

Thanks

Happy Birthday

Reset, just disconnect your batt for 1/2hr

Price to check codes, normal garage £10-£20, lexus gargae, i dont know, i did get mine done free at lexus stockport once, but my car was still under warranty.

Thanks for the b'day wishes Gord.

Will disconnect Battery and see what the outcome is.

Regards

BTW- phoned up local lex dealer £99 +vat to read fault codes!!!

Thanks

B/day wish mate,

when asking round other mechs, The type of connecter required for a Lex is the ODB2 (standard on most 2000 + makes of cars) and most importantly see if it breaks down the fault Codes it generates:.

If you require a list of fault codes and there meaning, I have a PDF which might help, just sent me a PM me :D

I Hope it Helps,

Dibslpg.

Thanks

B/day wish mate,

when asking round other mechs, The type of connecter required for a Lex is the ODB2 (standard on most 2000 + makes of cars) and most importantly see if it breaks down the fault Codes it generates:.

If you require a list of fault codes and there meaning, I have a PDF which might help, just sent me a PM me :D

I Hope it Helps,

Dibslpg.

hi dibs

you have pm

thanks

@ Kam05

Happy belated B/Day, Hope that all that went wrong that day.

How did you get on with with disconnecting the Battery for awhile?

Is the engine management light light gone?

@ dibsLPG

Can I get a PDF copy of the fault codes aswell pls?

I'm just starting to read up on this OBDII stuff and have the ELM323 chip,

And a load of freeware software.

And what software are you using?

I've just PM'ed you.

Rgds,

Fred.

reset the ecu by pulling out the relevant fuses, engine light has gone off.

not sure what caused it come on, but will monitor for the time being, if it comes on again, i will be having the fault code read.

thanks

@Fred's lex: if dibs hasn't emailed you the fault codes, i can email them to you, just pm your email address

reset the ecu by pulling out the relevant fuses, engine light has gone off.

not sure what caused it come on, but will monitor for the time being, if it comes on again, i will be having the fault code read.

thanks

@Fred's lex: if dibs hasn't emailed you the fault codes, i can email them to you, just pm your email address

Thanks Kam05

You've just been PM'ed.

Rdgs,

Fred

right guys,

engine management light has re-appeared this morning. will be taking the car in to have the fault code read.

i fear i could be looking at a new o2/lambda sensor, does anyone know of cost and where i can get one, other than eBay or dealer?

thanks

right guys,

took the IS200 in to have the fault codes read. this is what the code reader read:

P1346 VVT (variable valve timing) sensor/camshaft position sensor circuit range performance problem (bank 1).

went to lexus for a price on a new camshaft sensor, have been told there are two camshaft sensors. the parts guy at my local lexus dealer gave me the diagrams so i can check which sensor is at fault. according to the diagrams it seems that there is a camshaft sensor in the engine block and there is another camshaft sensor in the cyclinder head.

can anyone advise me on which sensor is at fault?

here are the part numbers: sensor, crank position- 90919-05023 (this sensor is in the block according to the diagram)

sensor, crank position, no 1- 90919-05026 (this sensor is in the head according to the diagram.

i think this one is at fault?)

thanks

kam

Hello All

New to the board, but in need of a little help. I've got an engine code error, and can't seem to find where to start a new topic, so I am kind of derailing this one a little. My error code is "PO 440" "Eevaporation Emission control system malfunction". It's not the gas cap. I have just had the water pump, radiator and timing belt replaced. Everything runs fine. My mileage indicator guage is reading abnormally high though. Lexus just wants me to bring it to the delership. It's a 02 IS 300 with 70k miles. Any help would be appreciated.

charley

right guys,

took the IS200 in to have the fault codes read. this is what the code reader read:

P1346 VVT (variable valve timing) sensor/camshaft position sensor circuit range performance problem (bank 1).

went to lexus for a price on a new camshaft sensor, have been told there are two camshaft sensors. the parts guy at my local lexus dealer gave me the diagrams so i can check which sensor is at fault. according to the diagrams it seems that there is a camshaft sensor in the engine block and there is another camshaft sensor in the cyclinder head.

can anyone advise me on which sensor is at fault?

here are the part numbers: sensor, crank position- 90919-05023 (this sensor is in the block according to the diagram)

sensor, crank position, no 1- 90919-05026 (this sensor is in the head according to the diagram.

i think this one is at fault?)

thanks

kam

BUMP

Guys, please can anyone help me out here. Light has reappered again this morning.

I have the fault code, but I don't know what is causing the engine management light to come on. Faulty camshaft sensor, if so, which one? Is the timing out? Anything else could be causing this?

Please I need your help on this, its really starting to bug me now.

Thanks in advance

A development in this saga.....

I took the lead of the camshaft sensor, the sensor that's in the cylinder head and gave it a clean up, thought they maybe some dirt/dust in there. Been driving around for two days and the light hasn't reappeared until this morning, the light came on when I was going up a steep hill, I downshifted gears from 4th to 3rd. Basically the light will come on if I'm driving up a steep hill and I need to downshift, this has happened on two occasions now.

Any ideas?

Car will be going into a dealership to be looked at if I can't get this sorted soon.

your problem lies with the deviation of the camshaft and crankshaft position sensor signal, it could mean 2 things - 1 a sensor or the ECU is not working properly or the cambelt has jumped a tooth or is stretched a bit. The crankshaft position sensor is located on the oil pump body. To test the sensor properly an oscilliscope is needed but a basic resistance check can be performed.......

camshaft sensor 835-1400 ohms when cold sensor plug is near the throttle body

crankshaft sensor 1630 - 2740 ohms when cold located on the oil pump - remove air box inlet for improved access

As you replaced the timing belt and then the fault appeared I suspect maybe the timing is slightly out or you damaged one of the sensors during the belt change

Well guys I've had the belt off this weekend, and yes both Fluff and Fin_IS_200 were right, the timing belt was out by 1 tooth. What I still don't understand is if the timing was out, then how come the engine ran smooth with the timing out? My next question is the car has been driven for about 10 days with the timing out, has any long term damage been done to the engine?

Thanks for your help Fluff and Fin_IS_200.

I would only be concerned about piston/valve contact, as it appears you didnt suffer any noticable engine problems or noises/ rough running etc then you should be ok. all depends really on how close the valves/pistons come to each other. Maybe MArk at TDI could give u an idea as im sure they would have looked at this during head porting etc.

Fluff34567,

There were only issues with the engine management light, the car wasn't making any strange noises and there wasn't any rough idling. Hopefully there won't have been any damage done. In fact I'm glad the engine management light detected an issue with the timing, if it hadn't then timing out issue could have gone undetected.