Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rs200 Owner Need Help

savicomp77

Hi All,

I have just bought a RS200 tip last week and i am loving it. I used to have a VW corrado v6 but need a family size 4 door car for the family but something quick as well. This car is perfect for both purpose.

I need help with 2 thing :

1. Since i havent driven a auomatic before i need to know how to get a good start of the line as the Tipronic will give you control from 2nd gear.

2. I have been reading about lots of thread on this forum which are very helpful. I need some help as to where to get the s/c for my Rs200 fitted if anybody knows a good place.

I'll upload some pics of my Rs200 rellay soon.Its really great.

Regards

Vik

Hi All,

I have just bought a RS200 tip last week and i am loving it. I used to have a VW corrado v6 but need a family size 4 door car for the family but something quick as well. This car is perfect for both purpose.

1. Since i havent driven a auomatic before i need to know how to get a good start of the line as the Tipronic will give you control from 2nd gear.

2. I have been reading about lots of thread on this forum which are very helpful. I need some help as to where to get the s/c for my Rs200 fitted if anybody knows a good place.

Regards

Vik

Hi and welcome :)

1/ TURN OFF the traction control... cause's the car to bog down on fast getaway's... can manually select 1st by moving the stick all the way back and push it towards the passenger seat, floor it... then before 7200 revs move it quickly to the right(2nd)... then again before the rev limit move it forward to 3rd ... should see you all the way to the next traffic light ... lol

also you don't need to lift of the throttle between changes...

But if your lazy just turn off traction control and stick it in D... almost as quick...lol

2/Blitz seems to be the preferred choice but be sure you get the correct piggy back for the auto as there is two ;)... auto box is supposed to be good for 0.7 boost, but theres a guy on here recently looking for a replacement gearbox after fecking up his running 285bhp...

Also very important... the auto will not be forced to go fast until it has warmed up, after starting drive it easy until the temperature gauge moves up to around 3 marks off cold ( 8'oclock approx in naval lingo)....then it's full speed ahead :)

btw i always was wanted a corrado (1.8 supercharged) went to see a few but they were all abused dogs....:( , pity they stoped making them... i know their thinking of bringing out a new one but now i have discovered rear wheel drive i don't think i can ever go back... :whistling:

Hi All,

Regards

Vik

Hi and welcome :)

1/ TURN OFF the traction control... cause's the car to bog down on fast getaway's... can manually select 1st by moving the stick all the way back and push it towards the passenger seat, floor it... then before 7200 revs move it quickly to the right(2nd)... then again before the rev limit move it forward to 3rd ... should see you all the way to the next traffic light ... lol

also you don't need to lift of the throttle between changes...

But if your lazy just turn off traction control and stick it in D... almost as quick...lol

2/Blitz seems to be the preferred choice but be sure you get the correct piggy back for the auto as there is two ;)... auto box is supposed to be good for 0.7 boost, but theres a guy on here recently looking for a replacement gearbox after fecking up his running 285bhp...

Thanks for the info.

Being new to this world . Where is the traction control button ??????? how do you swithc this off ??

Regarads

Vikesh

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links