Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Out On My ****

Well thats made my day, gonna be made redundant in two weeks. Mrs P is due in 9 weeks.

Just what i **** needed. .

Engineers used to be respected like doctors, what the **** happened to that eh!

moderators note *please refrain from bad language *

Sorry to hear mate,

Yeah us engineers were also once on the same pay scale but not anymore!! Are you Marine Engineer by any chance? Try goin to Maersk if thats any help, there after engineers!!

Chris

Half empty? Just LOOKS that way right now! Life can surprise you (both ways!!)

I was a qualified librarian....so what have I done, what am I known for in Bristol? Running a favourite Veggie cafe! For 27 years!

Find what you REALLY like, and go for it! One life. Fill it!

Good luck.

Pete

I know this may not be what you are looking for but the Oil & Gas industry is booming & they are really in need of qualified, experienced engineers. Some companies are happy to look at engineers from other industries. So try a search on http://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com. You can search under your relevant discipline. Chances are you may have to travel but the money can be xcellent :D . If you have any questions drop me a pm.

Good Luck

Bobby

Typical of the UK now, skills don't count, we used to be a manufactuing country. :tsktsk:

Now we are just a warehouse for China.......

What happened to apprenticeships for young people.......down the same road.

I'm speechless.... The echo's of your extended family and your excitement are still ringing in my ears, then this.

Try to calm down and concentrate on the baby to be......... This is your duty now! Destiny will find another path alongside, and open doors you cannot see now because negative reasoning overwhelms vision... You will be just fine!

Well thats made my day, gonna be made redundant in two weeks. Mrs P is due in 9 weeks.

Just what i **** needed. .

Engineers used to be respected like doctors, what the **** happened to that eh!

It all depends on how far you're willing to travel. My dad tends to get head-hunted, working on anything from oil refineries and sewage pumping stations to Terminal 5 at Heathrow! He's currently working in the Middle East, I think it's 2 months on, 1 month off. Not what you'd want with a baby due, but if you're a good engineer there are jobs out there. Chin up, and good luck.

Pete

I know this may not be what you are looking for but the Oil & Gas industry is booming & they are really in need of qualified, experienced engineers. Some companies are happy to look at engineers from other industries. So try a search on http://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com. You can search under your relevant discipline. Chances are you may have to travel but the money can be xcellent :D . If you have any questions drop me a pm.

Good Luck

Bobby

I second that, as a Project Engineer there are plenty of Jobs in Oil and Gas Industry, try www.oilcareers.com

Goodluck and let us know how it goes :D

Really sorry to hear this mate but hopefully you'll be able to find something really quickly and you'll look back and just think what a bunch of *******!!

moderators note *please refrain from bad language*

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm still angry about it, I won't go into detail but it is clear that this is an attempt by my boss to get rid of all those who disagree with him regularly.

I already have two job interviews lined up this week, so thats all good, but it is safe to say the timing of this isn't perfect at the moment.

Thanks for the web links as well. I'll look into it.

The hardest thing is having to sit here for the next two weeks fuming about it. ah well. C'est la vie

I already have two job interviews lined up this week, so thats all good, but it is safe to say the timing of this isn't perfect at the moment.

Pete

Any news how did the interviews go

Cheers

Bobby

Some good news!

I accepted a job yesterday, closer to home but less money for the first 6 months until a review. An old company but they have had a new product thats very successful and they do a lot of work with China, which will mean some 10 day visits out there.

Mrs P is well happy, she had a little cry :(

I just hope she never meets my boss in the street, he's liable to get an earful and a smack from her.

Apologies to the mods for swearing too ;)

mischief? Me?

tbh I probably won't get time to play it tbh with ickle pirate arriving

Well it will give you something to do when you are woken at 3am by :arrrggg-matey: .........little angels :innocent: