Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is There A Perfect Car Out There?

I have had all sorts of cars including BMW's, Honda's and a Scooby STi... Oh and of course a lovely lexus, well two in fact and I think they are brilliant cars!

I have always joined forums related to my cars and always read the same things about rattles, noises, poor paint work etc etc...

Do you think there is a perfect car out there, or perhaps a car that comes really close to being perfect....? One where the forum is alwasy saying good things and hardly any reports of problems? :crying:

You would have to define perfect first. Do you mean a car that does everything or is utterly reliable or looks the dogs. No doubt it even if you had mega buck to spend someone would always criticise your choice. As long as you are happy with what you've got.

people do the cars.

people are not perfect.

cars can not be perfect.

It's a car - It can't be perfect, no car is or ever will be

Cars that are close...???

Prius? Dunno what the Toymota forums say, but I think that the Prius has scored the highest ever score with JD Power - must be good!! But then I've always wondered if it's the "type of buyer" or a fan club rather than the car itself which forces a high score...else Skoda could never do so well... :tomato:

How about the New LS600h?

...and it comes down to categories...my mate has a Carraera 4s - he thinks it's the perfect car, I don't 'cos you can't get an 11 year old in the back!!

For me - the perfect car would be:

As big as a LS inside, as well screwed together as an Audi, as economical as Diesel Polo, but as quick and nimble as an RS4, and as big as a Prius outside...and as reliable as a Lexus normally is!!!!

Peoples demands are different, therefore you cannot build one car to cope with all this.

i.e. some people like to throw their cars about a bit and require firm handling, whereas long mileage driving requires a little bit of relaxation and a slighlty softer ride.

You're never gonna win

well...I need more cars, really.

going to work - LS600h

going to town, looking for chicks and eating icecreams - Merc SL AMG

going to skiing holiday - Merc GL 400cdi

racetrack sunday - opel speedster, or k1 attack, or lotus

going with friends somewhere - VW Caravella V6 4motion - this car I would also use to take my bike to the racetrack...

goint to dinner in italy etc - learjet

ok, enough dreaming ;)

I have driven the new M5 sedan. Its for sure a great car, but...too sporty for daily use and way too heavy for sport drive. I don't want to say that I wouldn't like to have one in my garage :) but as I say, it's not comfy nor sporty...

going to dinner in italy etc - learjet

ok, enough dreaming ;)

Nice one Matus.

But no BMW M5 touring - ticks most of the boxes for me.

OH YES THERE IS:

M5 Touring Spyshots Dream on :shutit: And Here

Jamboo - I know, saw it on the chav/poor mans version of Top Gear the other day (though that foxy VBH has that little je ne sais quoi...) and it looked pretty damned good.

It ticks just about all the boxes for me, but my previous experience of customer service at BMW always leaves me wondering that if I had the thick end of £70k to buy a car would or could I forgive them enough to buy one.

In answer to the OP's question though. NO !!

going to dinner in italy etc - learjet

ok, enough dreaming ;)

Nice one Matus.

But no BMW M5 touring - ticks most of the boxes for me.

OH YES THERE IS:

M5 Touring Spyshots Dream on :shutit: And Here

Jamboo - I know, saw it on the chav/poor mans version of Top Gear the other day (though that foxy VBH has that little je ne sais quoi...) and it looked pretty damned good.

It ticks just about all the boxes for me, but my previous experience of customer service at BMW always leaves me wondering that if I had the thick end of £70k to buy a car would or could I forgive them enough to buy one.

In answer to the OP's question though. NO !!

That's the thing....some great cars are blighted by poor customer service which makes the whole experience naff...

You know I have mixed feelings, but the new IS would be ( honestly) a perfect car if:

The boot and rear space was tad bigger

The rattles weren't there - at least on mine

A tad less road noise

There was an auto (diesel or Hybrid) which hit 50mpg on a combined cycle

and you could personalise the car yourself...(i.e. auto locks, coming home lights, auto fold/unfold mirrors)

So actually the IS ain't that far off....and I would go on to say that the 250 Auto is even closer to perfection...and I could forgive the nanny's on the Sat Nav!!

Over the last week, I've really warmed to my car again - since it appears to be fully running in, the car is getting better and better...