Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reg's Ending Dnw?

After being on the site for just a couple of days i was asked about my registration as it ended with the same letters as someone else on here. as it turned out the whole registration was just a couple of numbers out.

Whilst driving at the weekend i saw another IS with the same letters at the end so thought id start a thread to see how many of us are out there.

So if you have a registration that ends in DNW and more specifically starts with a T reply to the post.

Here's what we have so far:

Corsavandal - T595 DNW

Continuity - T DNW

P38Aaron - T DNW

Interesting topic.

My IS200 doesn't end in DNW, but this has got me thinking, do a batch of number plates get assigned to a particular dealership, I mean for example, all Lexus cars whose registrations end in DNW have they all come from the same or one dealership, such as Lexus Birmingham.

My car original registration ends in ODA (its got a private plate now) and it was first registered by Lexus Birmingham.

for the older style reg, the very last 2 letters denote the location of where the vehicle is registered, I can't find the site which had them all listed on

Interesting topic.

My IS200 doesn't end in DNW, but this has got me thinking, do a batch of number plates get assigned to a particular dealership, I mean for example, all Lexus cars whose registrations end in DNW have they all come from the same or one dealership, such as Lexus Birmingham.

My car original registration ends in ODA (its got a private plate now) and it was first registered by Lexus Birmingham.

First thing to find out is who registers the cars!? ie, Dealership or the manufacturing plant. Might be worth you stating the area that the car was first registered in. As most of them were probably sale's rep/exec's cars back in the day, would stand to reason that it was a particular dealership.

Mine too, was yours an 'X'?

as far as I know the dealers register the cars, as a friend of mine buoght a car and chose which reg off a list (although not a private reg, just from a list they had)

as far as I know the dealers register the cars, as a friend of mine bought a car and chose which reg off a list (although not a private reg, just from a list they had)

I know that when buying a brand new car you get to chose the reg (my mother has just bought an SLK and got to choose) but would they ever get delivered pre-registered?

Mine too, was yours an 'X'?

yes, it was an 'X'

well this topic got me thinkin about it so I had a look for my v5 but I can't find it, lol, so i'll have to get back to you on that

well this topic got me thinkin about it so I had a look for my v5 but I can't find it, lol, so i'll have to get back to you on that

Your service book will tell you which dealership your car came from, v5 will only tell you the last owner of your car, unless it was a lexus dealer...