Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help

DEANOROW

Hi all ive got a sticking caliper on my is200 that im going to change for one i got off eBay. The problem is ive never attempted this before and wondered if there is a guide knocking about with a how to for the is200 ??

Or if anyone has any advice on how to do it.

My mate who usually does all my mechanical work is off on holiday agian this weekend so the soonest he could do it would be next week, and i dont really want to drive it for much longer in the state its in.

Cheers

Deano

To be honest mate its fairly easy. You just have to be a little confident with a couple of tools.

Theirs only 2 bolts from what I can remember, top and bottom regardless of whether its front or rear. Just make sure you clamp the brake line so you're not losing loads of brake fluid. Just take you're time and if your not sure how you'd put the bits together, take pictures.

After you undo the bolts holding the caliper in place, remove all the gubbings, brake pads etc etc, clamp the brake line, undo the brake line to the caliper.

Sorry for the vague pointers....

Think their might be a guide knocking about somewhere on this forum.

Good luck

As Kazi said but don't forget to bleed the line before you drive off!

Edit: - Just looked again and I would NOT clamp the brake hose as you risk damaging the reinforcing.

Edited by MacRS200

As Kazi said but don't forget to bleed the line before you drive off!

Edit: - Just looked again and I would NOT clamp the brake hose as you risk damaging the reinforcing.

Yeah, and blead before driving off :winky: I always give the brake pedal a good 10-20 pumps until it gets hard to...

When i changed mine last week i just undid all the caliper then postioned a bowl underneath just in case.

Undid the brake line and then quickly screwed it into the new one so very little spillage and no need to clamp.

Stav

:lol: The Brakes on my car are now fixed. I ended up letting a small garage near work do them as i had to work on saturday when i was planning on doing it and they really needed doing.

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips, if this ever happens again im certain i could do it now.

Jamie thanks for the offer of the second pair of hands. :D

Deano