Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Apologies if this is elswhere in the forum, but I've had a good old search and can't find anything - can anyone tell me where to get a replacement 6 cd changer (boot mount type, pioneer) for my 1993 LS400? Or, failing that, someone who might repair it.

Thanks,

Tim.

Hi,

Apologies if this is elswhere in the forum, but I've had a good old search and can't find anything - can anyone tell me where to get a replacement 6 cd changer (boot mount type, pioneer) for my 1993 LS400? Or, failing that, someone who might repair it.

Thanks,

Tim.

Whats wrong with the unit??

Does it power up?

Does the cd mag load and unload correctly?

Has the sub amp have power?

There was a 1993 silver ls400 getting broken on eBay.

Hi,

Thanks,

Tim.

Whats wrong with the unit??

Does it power up?

Does the cd mag load and unload correctly?

Has the sub amp have power?

There was a 1993 silver ls400 getting broken on eBay.

Yeah, it powers up, cd mag loads, sub amp has power. It struggles to find tracks on the disc - flashes for ages before playing, and sometimes just comes up with the 'error' message. Also, the sound is a bit distorted, as if it needs to clear it's throat! The radio and cassette work fine. Any help would be appreciated. I'll check e bay in the meantime. Thanks for replying.

Tim.

Check the felt pads on the underside of each disc tray. On mine, the pads were contaminating discs with grease spots, causing skipping and interpolation (possibly the cause of the distortion you describe). Just remove the pads and then make sure the discs are meticulously clean. Hopefully a freebie fix! Failing that, it might need a new disc motor, or worst case, a new optical block. May be possible to tweak it up if the laser's getting a bit weak, but don't attempt if you're not sure what to do. Either way, stick with the factory system rather than aftermarket.

Good luck...

As mentioned before by me in a thread recently, You'll find the unit don't like playing certain CD's. remember the unit is from 1993 and CDR's weren't around. My unit doesn't like certain CDR's and won't play CDRW's at all. Also stuggles with scratches on discs. My unit takes time to load, But it's old. I found putting in new cd's have helped alot and play these all the time.

• 2 weeks later...