Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Noises. Hope It's Not Expensive

1.Had my front discs and pads changed around 5 weeks ago. Now when I reverse and apply the brakes I hear a "clunk" from the front of the car. Happens nearly all the time,but not when I brake going forwards. Otherwise the brakes appear fine.

2. The other noise is from the front wheels also. After leaving the car parked for a long period of time,say overnight, when I switch on the engine and move the car forward as soon as i turn the wheel i hear a "metalic" noise from the front wheels. The sound disappears almost immediatley when I drive off. Forgive my non-technical terms,but I love my car but don't really have a clue about the oily bits.

Any advice most welcome.

ive got the same probs, the garage said it was the brakes bedding in but surely nt after 4 months. i had another garage look at them as my nooise comes from applying the brakes going forwards. they said the pins needed re greasing. all was well til a week later and th noises are creeping back in. i hope to *** i dont need new calipers as tehy are said to be expensive.

I've had loads of problems with the brakes on my car, in the little over a year since I've had it, I've 3 sets of discs and pads on it, had the callipers greased and stuff, and had the calliper pins changed, and still to this day, I have clinks and groans from my brakes!

The mechanic in my local garage actually said the lex brakes are some of the worst designed brakes he's ever seen! I'm startin to think he wasn't jokin!!!!

1.Had my front discs and pads changed around 5 weeks ago. Now when I reverse and apply the brakes I hear a "clunk" from the front of the car. Happens nearly all the time,but not when I brake going forwards. Otherwise the brakes appear fine.

2. The other noise is from the front wheels also. After leaving the car parked for a long period of time,say overnight, when I switch on the engine and move the car forward as soon as i turn the wheel i hear a "metalic" noise from the front wheels. The sound disappears almost immediatley when I drive off. Forgive my non-technical terms,but I love my car but don't really have a clue about the oily bits.

Any advice most welcome.

Get the white brake pad grease that looks like colgate from Toyota. Put grease on the ends of the pads as you would normally do and also into the clips, inside the spring bit. When the pads move the spring is hitting the clip, hence the noise. I had the same issue and now its completely gone, even after washing the car a few times. And make sure you do not place the jetwash hose so close to the wheels and only wash the car when the brakes are totally cold.