Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Roadside Assistance

Well the free RAC membership expired on Friday when my can turned 3. So although they are very reliable cars, the last thing I want to do it have to walk home from teh M25, so time to renew the breakdown cover..

Looking at the RAC website doesnt fill me with inspiration at the moment. The Mrs needs cover too - so I thought I would take a look at the Lexus cover again (I dismissed the 80 quid straight off as I thought it would be cheaper else where)....

Couple of options open at the moment...

1. I get complimentry breakdown cover with my bank account (Barclays), I dont think it is Eu cover or "joint cover" for the Mrs - I am sure there must be a catch somewhere!

2. RAC "Solution 2" with joint cover rolls in just short of £100 :crybaby:

3. Lexus Roadside Assistance (inc At Home cover , Roadside Rescue Service, European cover, Recovery service, Onward travel arrangements) comes in at £80 (£70 if direct debit) and appears to include joint cover....

From the lexus website...

Lexus Roadside Assistance. Because inconvenience is not an option

Lexus Roadside Assistance is provided around the clock, 365 days a year, by RAC. It gives you the added reassurance of personal cover across the UK and Europe. This means that the full range of RAC services and benefits is available to you (and to your partner if a member) even when you are the driver or passenger in a car other than your own Lexus.

So anyone got any other options? Can anyone confirm if the Lexus cover gives joint cover?

ive got AA cover through lloyds bank

doesnt cover home start, dont think it covers europe

but we use it for the whole family, good job as its the kids cars which break down !!

have also got ADAC cover mainly for use at the "ring" allows free recovery off the ring, also covers breakdown across europe and uk, and recovery to home not bad for £60

:)

On my account (normal Additions acc £11.50/pm) - from what I can see -

24 HOUR, 365 DAYS A YEAR COVER THROUGHOUT THE UK, GUERNSEY,

JERSEY, THE iSLE OF mAN AND THE rEPUBLIC OF iRELAND.

• rOADSIDE REPAIR OF MINOR MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

(PARTS CHARGED AT COST).

• iF YOUR VEHICLE CANNOT BE REPAIRED, RECOVERY FOR IT, YOU AND UP TO

SEVEN PASSENGERS, TO A DESTINATION WITHIN A 10 MILE RADIUS OF THE

BREAKDOWN LOCATION.

• aT HOME ASSISTANCE – IF YOUR CAR WON’T START AT HOME (NOT

APPLICABLE IN THE rEPUBLIC OF iRELAND).

(Dont know why it has swapped the case on the cut and paste! :D)

I think yours must be the Additions Plus acc (£14/pm) ?? The Barclays cover appears to only be "personal" cover, ie any car your in as long as you are the account holder. So Josie wont be covered in her Jimny for example.... (I think! ?? )

Thanks Yau - the Lex isn't my concern to be honest, it's the Mrs 2000 reg suzzuki Jimny which is ok for tootling around town in, but I dont think it will last too much M25 action when she drives back to Surrey from Essex to see her folks :)

I'll look in to it though.

Considering a Lexus is unlikely to breakdown, I recommend AutoAid, only £34 a year, includes Home Start and partner coverage, all you need to do is pay upfront any recovery cost, then get a refund cheque in the post.

http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I agree with this post, you should check out Auto Aid. If you're not sure about it, you can read all about it on Martin Lewis's excellent website moneysavingexpert.com and there some of you can find out why most financially astute people are pretty sceptical about bank accounts that you pay extra for.