Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres For Is200 Sportcross

smudge

a pair of federal super steel 595 tubeless tyres the rating is 21545r17 87v will they fit on the rear of my 2002 sportcross car would be grateful for any assistance new owner of lovely car

are they the same size as what is currently fitted

a pair of federal super steel 595 tubeless tyres the rating is 21545r17 87v will they fit on the rear of my 2002 sportcross car would be grateful for any assistance new owner of lovely car

this is what is confusing me, front tyres are 215/45 zr17 on the rear they are 205/50zr17

question 1 what is the difference between zr and r when i checked on tyre search it z = 149mph

and v (which is the tyre i am enquiring about) is 149 mph

question 2 does any one else have 2 different size tyres fitted to their car

car was bought privately 1 week ago so finding this when looking closely at the car

odd on some of the sportscross models they had wider wheels on the rear, you wouldnt normally have narrower tread on the rear, you will be fine with the normal wider tyre on the rear, infact as it matches the fronts the car will be a dam sight safer aswell

ive never...heard of 205 tyres being fitted to ANY is200

odd on some of the sportscross models they had wider wheels on the rear, you wouldnt normally have narrower tread on the rear, you will be fine with the normal wider tyre on the rear, infact as it matches the fronts the car will be a dam sight safer aswell

ive never...heard of 205 tyres being fitted to ANY is200

Sorry for all the empty quote posts ...It's a bit new to me .

Phoned Lexus wolverhampton today .And a chirpy girl on the end of the phone said swap tyres like for like.

My gut reaction is to stick with you lot ..it does seem odd that the thinner tyres are on the back.

There are no noticable driving issues because of the tyres ...although i am not a fast driver .

What makes me think he has rotated the tyres is that the wear on the rear tyres is uneven and looks like it comes from front tyres that have need of a little tracking...Next on my list of things to check .

This car was very resonably priced ,and so i am prepared to have to spend a little on it .the book is all stamped up with only the last stamp being a none lexus dealership stamp..

Thanks for the advice so far...... It would be nice to hear from any one who has a sportcross...I know there are not many around .

Thought I'd better add this ...It is the IS200 sportcross ..not the IS 300 ...It still has the 17" alloys on But I think the tyre sizes would be different on these two models.

Dont get your tracking done!!!!!!

Go for a full geometry check, tracking is a waste of money (speak to the Dr on here he'll sort you out). If you have the standard wheels on your lex then you should definately have 215/45/17 on the rear.

Dont listen to the chirpy girl :shutit:

• 3 weeks later...

glad to see another local member :winky: tyres should be 215/45/17 all round mate, i wennt for toyo proxes t1r and trust me they are a great tyre well worth the extra :winky: welcome to the club its a wonderful place to be :P