Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I see 3 of em every morning. All downstairs of my office building... chauffeurs waiting for the bosses to be whisked off somewhere!

Very nice indeed, although i think the front end looks too similar to a Toyota Camry! I guess you guys over in UK wont have the problem as Camry is not popular there at all...!!

I see 3 of em every morning. All downstairs of my office building... chauffeurs waiting for the bosses to be whisked off somewhere!

Very nice indeed, although i think the front end looks too similar to a Toyota Camry! I guess you guys over in UK wont have the problem as Camry is not popular there at all...!!

Bloomin' hell - you're right...it does look like a bigger Camry. I always though I'd seen one or 2...it was in the states...the place is full of Camry's and Aavalons...all white as well.

you guys over in UK wont have the problem as Camry is not popular there at all...!!

It seemed to me that Toyota made little effort to sell the Camry here. They stopped importing it a couple of years ago, otherwise I would probably still be driving one.

I drove the 3 litre version until last September, but when I came to change it, the only option was a Lexus. I think the Camry was better value.

On the beach at Southport today, an LS460 - wow they are huge and look very impressive!

Very unusual exhaust design as I've seen on the photos but not in the flesh until today!

Jamie

Saw one on the road a few months ago and also had a look at one in the showroom..............I had the same thought as you, they seem huge!

I wouldn't object to one being sat on my driveway though :whistling:

I went to the Lexus Open Road in Barnet the other day. Had a go in the IS220D Sport. Not much to report there. Also I got to spend a good half hour in the LS460. All I can say is, if you have never driven one, then it is as good as you think it is. It's quiet, powerfull, smooth, and unlike Merc S Class, BMW 7 series, Audi A8, you don't look like a berk when you drive it. The only weird thing I found was the 8 speed auto gearbox. It gets a little flusterd when you hoof it one to overtake. Too many gears in my opinion but that is the only thing I thought could do with changing. Apart from that, the LS430 is on hold till some used examples of the LS460 come on sale. In my opinion, it really is that good.

P.S. I am a driving instructor so I don't work for Lexus. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...