Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Getting Rid Of Vibrations!

maneesh

Since fitting my TRD rims last summer, I've never been able to drive the car without having steering wheel shimmy at 60+ mph, even after getting them balanced. It's blooming annoying!

I am taking the GS here

http://www.vibrationfree.co.uk/index.html

to get the wheels dynamically balanced - that means they do it on the car..

They already did another Lexus last week, and cured his issues, so fingers crossed..

Will update you later in the week, as I'm going on Wed evening.

Sounds interesting - Lets hope they sort it for you Maneesh :D

Will be good to know how you get on although I would have thought its a simple geo tweek that's needed rather than it being caused by the points on the site: half shafts, brake drums and poor wheel fit :crying:

Sounds interesting - Lets hope they sort it for you Maneesh :D

Will be good to know how you get on although I would have thought its a simple geo tweek that's needed rather than it being caused by the points on the site: half shafts, brake drums and poor wheel fit :crying:

the GS are rear wheel drive, and have disc brakes all round ......good try though :P

@maneesh have you got the correct spigot rings installed, or even at all :)

did you have the balancing rechecked ?

You could be a good test subject for the new machine they've got at TDi, that should be able to sort you out mate, if it wasn't so far away I'd be down there for a go on the open day too :D

Since fitting my TRD rims last summer, I've never been able to drive the car without having steering wheel shimmy at 60+ mph, even after getting them balanced. It's blooming annoying!

I am taking the GS here

http://www.vibrationfree.co.uk/index.html

to get the wheels dynamically balanced - that means they do it on the car..

They already did another Lexus last week, and cured his issues, so fingers crossed..

Will update you later in the week, as I'm going on Wed evening.

Maneesh,

How did you get on? I'm particularly interested because my GS430 has been having similar problems since a tyre change last December. To cut a long story short, my wallet is lighter by £1000, I have two sets of wheels, four new tyres and still the problem persists! Perhaps an on-car balance would help - please post your experience when you can.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Just an update on the vibration issue in my GS430.

Having spent loads of dosh on new wheels and tyres over the last 12 months, I had given up trying to smooth out my car's wobbles - just live with them :angry:

However, when I had reason to have my car looked at for something completely unrelated (throttle pedal intermittently not responding to prods), they fixed the issue I went in with (tickles not prods now result in scenery-blurring acceleration) but also found the cause of the vibrations - n/s/f upper suspension worn out! I paid them £500 to fix it and they didn't charge me for sorting out the throttle problem! Result - "baby's bottom" class ride and starship performance - exactly what the GS430 is all about :D

By the way, I used Lexus Wolverhampton and they are, in their current franchise form, excellent.