Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chips And Scratches

hey guys, like a fool I ended up trying to get into a tight parking space near the local tesco, ended up brushing up against a huge thorny bramble bush, cut a long story short ive got a very messy scratch on the passengers side, along with a few other chips and scratches along the front and bonnet, which being a kensington green colour go through to the white.

I have ordered a chip stick from lexus never used one before just wanted to find out how effective they are and if anyone has any other recommendations as to what to use instead of the chipstick.

ie paint

thx

If they are down to the white then you may need to get it resprayed.

If it's a long scratch on the passenger side then i wouldnt use a chip stick on it. Should be ok for the chips though (hence the name :duh: )

you dont want any old chip stick, you need the paint pen from lexus. they can order your colour in, that should sort the deep scratch out.

im in the process of ordering one, is it me or are lexi paintworks easily chipped??

My car is scratched to buggery, as it is black it scratches well easy and every single blemish shows up! Who thinks I should get it re sprayed in either focus st orange or lambo orange pearl? (I want orange )

the touch up set is about £6, i bought one recently..

however>>>

in my opinion it was a bad move, the colour match is way off and actually makes the chips on the bonnet stand out!! im off to lexus tomorrow to see what they say. think you would be better gettin a colour match froma proper body shop paint place.

its not jus lexus paint thats soft, its all manufactors paint as all cars are painted in water-based paints these days.

im in the bodyshop trade u c.

So any special deals you can do for LOC members on spraying their car ;)