Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I have a lexus GS300 MKII.

I have two problems :crybaby:

Engine

I have recently noticed that there is a slight knocking noise from the engine. The noise isn't there at start up when the engine is cold, but is there when the engine has warmed up. I have also noticed that when reving the car the noise isn't as noticeable.

Noise from the front of car.

I can hear a noise from the front of the car which sounds like scrapping/grinding or loud tyre noise, I also feel vibration through the steering wheel which appears at 60mph and disappears at 70mph, which I have informed at wheel balancing. But if it is wheel balancing should I also hear the the noise or could it be the wheel bearings???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I have just replaced the front upper control arms. :tsktsk:

Thanks in advance

Hi

I have a lexus GS300 MKII.

I have two problems :crybaby:

Engine

I have recently noticed that there is a slight knocking noise from the engine. The noise isn't there at start up when the engine is cold, but is there when the engine has warmed up. I have also noticed that when reving the car the noise isn't as noticeable.

Noise from the front of car.

I can hear a noise from the front of the car which sounds like scrapping/grinding or loud tyre noise, I also feel vibration through the steering wheel which appears at 60mph and disappears at 70mph, which I have informed at wheel balancing. But if it is wheel balancing should I also hear the the noise or could it be the wheel bearings???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I have just replaced the front upper control arms. :tsktsk:

Thanks in advance

Not sure about engine noise could be many things even the power steering pump ? Noise from the front could be a wheel bearing but it would have to be pretty bad to give a grinding noise, you could jack the car and spin the wheel and grab top and bottom of tyre moving back and forth to check for play in the bearing, this would also tell you if the disc's / pads are at fault sticking calipers, pads down to metal :ohmy: . Make sure you jack it safely and remember you are checking for play in the bearing not trying to push ther car over :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links