Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Keys

I have managed to get a second hand Lexus IS200 key and program it to lock and unlock. But before I buy a blank of e-bay i swapped the shell and blade from my old key but the car will not start.

Do I have to program the immobiliser seperatly or am i doing something wrong?

Cheers

Jay

hi mate, i recently bought a spare blank (master) from eBay,got it cut & swapped transponder from old broken key & it works fine.

if your saying you have bought a key with transponder which is originally from another is...i dont think there is anyway to code it to work with the immobiliser on your is....could be wrong & im sure some one will correct me if i am.

john

Ring Lexus and ask them, when I got mine I tried to programme a key off another IS and had sort of the same problem, got the doors to open but couldn't start the car with original key, I rang Lexus to ask if the immobilser might be affected but they said the immobilser is controlled buy the ignition and not the fob/alarm. I left mine for 20 minutes and it started fine and i've never had any trouble since, I only use the orginal key now.

Spoke to Lexus and they tell me that the pocedure to program the immobiliser chip is different to the remote lock and unlock.

Just got the instructions of e-bay. Will try them when the Mrs gets back!

What did you get instructions for, resetting fob or imobiliser? when I spoke to Lexus they went through the fob reset procedure over the phone with me.

If your resetting your fob did you manage to get it started?

What did you get instructions for, resetting fob or imobiliser? when I spoke to Lexus they went through the fob reset procedure over the phone with me.

If your resetting your fob did you manage to get it started?

to reset the fob is 2 parts 1 to get the lock/unlock and the other part is the immobiliser, recoding the lock/unlock wont allow you to start the car only open it.

If they ar I cant find them! But no harm only cost £1.99

The only instructions I could find on here are to teach the remote lock and un lock. These include both and should teach the car the new transponder bit too.