Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anybody know which is the fuel line on an IS250 se-l? I have a fuel saver and wish to install it but there are 2 pipes (after removing plastic shroud) and i am unsure which is which? Asked Lexus tec and he advised to buy 2 and put 1 on each as he didn't know.

Anyone out there know? Thank in advance

I wouldn't bother - if those things worked every car produced would have them installed as standard.

I have had this saver in 2 previous Lexus LS430's of mine (1 old shape & 1 new) I did notice a difference. Even though there are only 2 fuel lines (1 in & 1 out) and they run parallel with each other, i am struggling on which pipe to install it too. Lexus are not allowed to install these on manufacture due to the possibility of them working themselves loose and falling into moving components whilst engine in motion.

I already own this item, so i may as well install it. It can't do any harm, even if it doesn't do any good!

• Like 1

What on earth is a fuel saver?

http://www.fuelsaver.co.uk/howitworks.html

Basically the idea is that by passing fuel through a magnetic field it combusts better. Unfortunately once it leaves the fuel saver it loses any magnetic field its picked up. Like I said, why would companies like Toyota spend tens of millions of R&D budget developing things like direct injection for engines which give about a 10% fuel economy improvement if all they had to do was incorporate magnets in the fuel lines. I think there is a degree of placebo effect with these things (which have been around since the fuel crisis of the early 70s) since blind testing suggests no difference in mpg whatsoever.

There are no warranty issues with fuel savers. My previous LS430's were both in for warranty work and this bright yellow fuel saver was staring you in the face when you opened the bonnet. Nothing was said on any visit.

My tec mate said that i am to feel the pipes and the 1 i require will be warm and you will feel the fuel travelling inside the pipe. Only thing is there both warm and on this model there metal pipes too. On LS430 they are rubber which then go into metal.

Managed to figure out the 430 but not the 250. I must admit that i have tried a few and this one does work. (hence the request) The only other thing that my tec mate can do is dismantle certain components to literally see the fuel flowing. Of course i am not prepared for him to do that, even if it was foc. A bit extreme for the matter i think.

Anyone out there know which 1 is which :question:

It is aLexus IS 250 SE-L CVT Auto. This is how it reads on V5. It has MM and i had a sunroof installed and also adaptive cruise control. Illuminated sills, rear blind, full tints. (I think last 3 are standard on an SE-L?)

I am thinking of ordering another fuel saver and installing 2 (1 on each pipe) Getting a bit bored of this now.

Thank You to ALL who gave there suggestions / comments (The valid ones anyway)

I thought these forums / topics were meant to help & advise

My guess is that nobody knows which is why nobody has replied with anything sensible. As you say think the only way to tell would be to take a bit apart and visually see which way it flows :crybaby:

Don't think Lexus would be of much help tbh.

I thought these forums / topics were meant to help & advise

My guess is that nobody knows which is why nobody has replied with anything sensible. As you say think the only way to tell would be to take a bit apart and visually see which way it flows :crybaby:

Don't think Lexus would be of much help tbh.

I think you may be right. I'll purchase another one and apply both of them. Lexus offered to tinker about under the bonnet but i declined. Can i take this opportunity to thank ALL those members for there help. I am just waiting for the nav hack now! Heard there's a genius hacker out there. What pees me off is when i drove a Lex in states you can alter functions yourselves but to be honest i wouldn't want to alter some of them as they were brilliantly set out as standard set features. Oh well, such is life! :offtopic:

• 7 years later...

I have used the magnetic gizmo on three cars now and have found it work (probably why manufacturers don't fit it, keeps the petrol income up for the Government). I get 3-4 mpg difference on petrol. It has paid for itself over and over.

I have a petrol; IS SE-L 250 and would like to know where the fuel pipe entrant the engine spark is closest, please help :hocus-pokus:

I have never tried it but I understand it does. The theory is yay if a magnetite placed on the fuel line as close to the entry to start as possible it in some way aligns the content of the fuel to make it combust more efficiently