Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp Choices

right guys i have 2 1o inch subs and a nice amp in my spare room waiting to be fitted from my last car

now im stuck on how to connect the amp up? has anyone tried the speaker to rca leads off eBay.

im thinking of connecting the input for the subs from the rear speakers in parallel and bridging the outputs using the leads on eBay.

its such a shame the stock head doesnt have preouts but i dont think that an aftermarket head unit looks good in place of the stock.

basically im asking has anyone used these leads of eBay if so any good??

cheers

right guys i have 2 1o inch subs and a nice amp in my spare room waiting to be fitted from my last car

now im stuck on how to connect the amp up? has anyone tried the speaker to rca leads off ebay.

im thinking of connecting the input for the subs from the rear speakers in parallel and bridging the outputs using the leads on ebay.

its such a shame the stock head doesnt have preouts but i dont think that an aftermarket head unit looks good in place of the stock.

basically im asking has anyone used these leads of ebay if so any good??

cheers

Hello mate

I've got an Rca converter in mine at the moment which i linked up to the rear speaker leads had it from halfrauds and it works fine i've got it running an amplified sub box on the boot its very tidy as all you do is connect the 4 speaker wires to it and plug the rca leads in the other end which then go to the amplifier works a treat think it only cost me arond the £20 markand saved a lot of messing?

Chris.... :)

which speaker wires did you connect them too as i cant find the rear wires, are they hidden. these on ebay will cost me 9 quid in total and i think it could be the best solution.

cheers bud

you will need to take off the rear seats and you will find the terminal block under the rear shelf..

Not the best way of wiring in a sub but prob the best option cinsidering you want to use the original HU.

You should find that you have two sets on each terminal block, one for the woofer one and for the mid/top, use the woofer one for best results.

hope that helps...

The RCA's are the least of your problems - getting the power for the amp to the boot is the real chore :)

You should also bear in mind that, as a saloon, the big problem will be getting the bass through the rear-seat bulkhead.

Having spent the weekends at it, the only way I found to get the bass through (without having to thrash the amp to within an inch of it's life) was removing the ski-hatch and rear speakers. Now that's a job.

I'd suggest removing the ski hatch, should take a

first timer no more than 40 mins including refitting

the rear seat .The Rear 6x9 don't need to move.

Look at my post and pictures HERE .... it works for me !!

If you send me a PM with an email, Ill send u some pictures to help.

Pwer Cable easy to run through with seat out as well .

Nice if u have a mate as the only pain is the seat back, easier to

remove when 2 people doing it, other than that its a few 14mm bolts.

hello Si

I ran my cables down the passenger side under the plastic door trim as it just pops off and you can slide it into the gap underneath which took me about 15/20mins and if you pull on the top corner of the rear seat back you can just get the cables through the hole into your boot??

Chris..... :)

I'm a clumsy sod, so taking the Battery out was a blatantly obvious move - I need a bit of room otherwise my delicate office-workers hands get scraped to pieces :)

Took me 25 hours last weekend to re-cable and install my stereo ripped out of my old Golf... talk about a job lol

Taking out back seats to remove speakers was the most daft thing I had to get my head around, although it's obvious enough how and why they do it like that. I've always had or worked on small hatchbacks, so as my first saloon this was a nightmare job! Sound's SO much better now though, although I need to invest in a new sub... and a boot build is just crying out to be done :)

I only put an amplified sub box in the boot so was quite a quick install :)

The only thing i have a problem with, is because i'm still using the original amp is that it now runs through the original amp which goes to the amplified sub box and is over powering the sub and as its being over loaded the saftey cut out comes on and turns off the sub box so looks like i'll have to bypass the main amp and maybe put in a new amp and sub instead?? But all part of the fun... :D

You tried the fader control, i.e. putting emphasis on the front speakers?

I'd have thought that would drop the signal going into your amp/box, so avoiding the cut-out.

I've turned the input down on my rca converter for the time being so its not cutting out just not very good bass at the moment and i like it to sound crisp if you know what i mean and its an excuse to buy an amp and sub.. :whistling:

Hi all I am wanting to put some RCA's in to the factory amp but i dont want to drive around with no sound so i was wondering if any of you that have put in a new system in would give me the old factory amp? I will pay the p&p also i could do the same for others if any ones intrested?

Any way please let me know by email gwstallard@googlemail.com thanks :unsure:

blimey this is turning out to be a right job n half. didnt think it would need drilling and so much vaseline. will have to get the birds tub out :-D

Ay up Si what you been drilling mate?? :blink:

Please tell me you are not using a drill to do it... Just the drill bit?