Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Stuck In Multichanger...

Hi all

I've been scouring the the forums concerning this issue.

I can see many references to ERR3 etc, however in my case the CD that is stuck (an original CD by the way) is not even detected by the multichanger as being inside.

This issue all came about as I had put the CD in with the right edge touching the right side of the multichanger...wasn't lookin when I put it in.

Ive tried putting in 6 cds and and then taking them out to no joy.

I'm going to try the fuse in/out thing soon and banging the console.

I was just wondering if the issues ppl had experienced with the CD being stuck was where the CD wasnt even being recognised by the Multichanger via the number 1 - 6...

(I have a 2001 IS, with changer being out of warranty :S)

if it helps at all, i have 6 discs inside, and it thinks it has none!

there are a couple of chaps on here that know a few people that can fix it for you, they will be round soon enough i reckon.

if it helps at all, i have 6 discs inside, and it thinks it has none!

there are a couple of chaps on here that know a few people that can fix it for you, they will be round soon enough i reckon.

6! eek

Took out and reinserted Radio No 1 and No2 fuses, but no joy...

At least I can get a cd playing in position 1 now..wasnt working at all b4.

Hope those chaps make an appearance :)

Cheers

Im sure ive already posted this before bout just leaving the bolts that hold it in, then when you do get a cd stuck you just pull it out, then remove the cd, once its out slide the unit back in and reload your cd's saves loads of time in dismantlin it every time!!

Chris

Im sure ive already posted this before bout just leaving the bolts that hold it in, then when you do get a cd stuck you just pull it out, then remove the cd, once its out slide the unit back in and reload your cd's saves loads of time in dismantlin it every time!!

Chris

Which bolts are they then mate?

When you get round to taking the whole unit out, there is 4 bolts i think that hold the unit in, also 2 little screws on the top to keep the cover on the top of the unit take them out. Then put the rest of it back together without these bolts. The unit should then be able to be slid in and out when you remove the traction control buttons and heated seat pannel. You can only see a slight gap between the top of the cd unit and the climate control unit but nothing major! The cd unit wont come out when u drive around cos of the weight and the angle its on!

Chris

When you get round to taking the whole unit out, there is 4 bolts i think that hold the unit in, also 2 little screws on the top to keep the cover on the top of the unit take them out. Then put the rest of it back together without these bolts. The unit should then be able to be slid in and out when you remove the traction control buttons and heated seat pannel. You can only see a slight gap between the top of the cd unit and the climate control unit but nothing major! The cd unit wont come out when u drive around cos of the weight and the angle its on!

Chris

It makes sense now dude. Cheers :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links