Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Wing Mirrors

Does anyone know if there’s a shut off switch for the heated wing mirrors on an ‘S’??

Only recently noticed that they were extremely hot (I can’t touch them for more than 5 seconds without feeling the burn!!).

Has anyone else experienced such a problem/occurrence??

i have an older model, SE, and they are on all the time and hot...

its funny, when i got to a car wash, and the little polish chap comes to wipes the mirrors and wonders why all the water he splashed on there has evaporated :P

if u have an older model they are on all the time - with later models they only come on with the demister. but yes they are quite hot but wouldnt say burning hot at all

im going to try and get a heat reading, then you'll see just how hot.

i have an older model, SE, and they are on all the time and hot...

its funny, when i got to a car wash, and the little polish chap comes to wipes the mirrors and wonders why all the water he splashed on there has evaporated :P

it's only now i'verealized why i always get mucky looks from the guys at my local car wash. it's 25 degrees out and the sun is blazing, then the guy touches my mirror while cleaning the back and ends up with 3rd degree burns :crying: hope im not liable :whistling:

I have a 05 model IS200, think they are on all the time too thou!

I've reckon they are on all the time in my 220 as well, mirrors constantly covered in dried on muck over the last few weeks and I haven't used the demister once! I'm considering disconnecting them as they cause more visibility problems being constantly dirty than the odd occasion when it's cold and I might have to wipe the frost off them :unsure:

I have a 05 model IS200, think they are on all the time too thou!

I've reckon they are on all the time in my 220 as well, mirrors constantly covered in dried on muck over the last few weeks and I haven't used the demister once! I'm considering disconnecting them as they cause more visibility problems being constantly dirty than the odd occasion when it's cold and I might have to wipe the frost off them :unsure:

think ill try and locate the wire and tap it into the rear demister. depends how hard it'll be though :lol:

This is going to sound really stupid but do all the IS200's have heated wing mirrors and when do they work i didnt even think i had them :duh:

put your hand on the mirror itself after the engine's been on for about 10 minutes, you'll soon find out!

if it isnt hot, turn the rear window demister on and touch the mirror after 10 minutes again.

I shall give that a go cheers mate

I didnt even realise the IS had them .... i really do luv my car :lol:

me too! best bit of money i've ever spent and ive spent what seems like an unsumountable ammount! :lol:

ill be getting a temp' reading tonight but not sure how accurate it'll be as its peeeeee-ing it down in Leeds.

If it really is boling hot at least if your at JAe we'll have back up for the bbq :lol:

not sure its nice enough to take along to a meet! Beauty after all is in the eye of the beholder!!

But if i do develope the Ballericks to go to it, then yeah, i dont mind cooking the odd burger on them.