Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Even though I wouldn't ever have one, the C Class advert trumps the new Lexus IS one...

At least the C Class one has a purpose...the Lexus ones shows drops of water changing colour....reminds me of that "Horse of a different colour" from the Land of Oz... :whistling: and you seee more of that than the car itself...

The Lexus one only shows the car for a total of about 3 seconds out of 30...what's it all about?

I saw both of then within 15 minutes of each other and I have to say I was much more impressed by the Merc Ad...

there may be a method in what seems like madness

it leaves you wanting more, so you look at the website or visit the showroom

i was impressed with the audi a5 advert, gave you a quick glance, first thing i did was to look it up on the internet !!

you probably didnt bother with looking the lexus one up, nor did i, i know what it is like already

how much further did you take the merc one ?

:)

i was impressed with the audi a5 advert, gave you a quick glance, first thing i did was to look it up on the internet !!

you probably didnt bother with looking the lexus one up, nor did i, i know what it is like already

I've already looked up the C Class and wasn't impressed :shutit: I think the new C Class is an ugly car (Big eyes and big nose)...you're probably right about people not having an IS looking at the 'net, but a nice shot of one drifting for a 2 seconds, or coming through flames at the end might have got people more "energised" than those silly beads of water...just seemed cheap...

PS - A5 - you do see much more of the car in the ad - that's my point...

I only saw that C Class advert for the first time yesterday (still don't have tv and I was at the pub) and was impressed, it certainly looks very nice indeed, much better than it did in the photos I reckon!

There was a time when Mercedes didn't have to advertise the C-class..

There was a time when :

If you were an Accountant, you bought a swedish car (Volvo or Saab)

If you were a yuppie, you bought a beemer (3 Series)

If you were a lawyer or an IT person, you bought an Audi

If you thought you'd "made it" but hadn't actually (or gt the dosh yet) you bought a Merc 190 (or C Class)

In the last 5-10 years though, cars have become far more equal, and there are so many good cars now. People consider Honda's, SUV's and hybrids to make a statement...

Also, in the last 5-10 years, the IS G1 came out, you have Scoobies now which are far better bthan silly hatches with go faster engines, Alfa's which don't rust to bits, build quality which is better than a Merc's.

Advertise? Yup - they need to...that's my HO.

I've already looked up the C Class and wasn't impressed :shutit: I think the new C Class is an ugly car (Big eyes and big nose)...you're probably right about people not having an IS looking at the 'net, but a nice shot of one drifting for a 2 seconds, or coming through flames at the end might have got people more "energised" than those silly beads of water...just seemed cheap...

PS - A5 - you do see much more of the car in the ad - that's my point...

I don't tend to watch that many adverts as practically everything I watch has been Sky+ and I just zip through the ads. However I noticed the Lexus advert and watched it three times. Gotta admit I really like it. Just some sneak peeks of the car and it certainly makes you want to find out more like Bazza says.

I have noticed the A5 advert but that shows even less than the Lexus ad, although I do like the music.

The new Lexus advert is an improvement though!

The new C Class looks fantastic! Really impressed with it. Looks more sporty.

I think it looks a bit like an old style Opel (Vaxhaul) Astra at the front to be honest.

Merc Front

it does in this picture anyway.

I've just looked through the options.

You can now have a 4gbHDD with the Comand system...

It's growing on me...but....Still think it looks ugly...

Just priced up a C180k Elegance, auto, Comand/Phone, Auto - £27600ish, before any discount (typically 3-5% on a brand new model MB), so expect to pay £26500ish

That's not too bad, but it would still not have full e/seats, or vents, basic speaker system, only 156bhp, no keyless, no Linguatronic, plastic Artico (not leather), list goes on and on...

But it would be a bigger car...and apparently it's the most thoroughly tested merc ever ever ever :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links