Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Mk Iv Alarm Questions

Hi as a new LS400 Owner (Mk IV reg'd 09/1998) I have a few more questions to enable me to "snag" the vehicle as I have only had it since 10/06/07.

Can someone post what the remote system should be able to do for me please. I have read the manual and am not clear on all the functions.

I do not seem to be able to close the windows using the remote key. Should this be possible, the owners manual seems to point to this this.

When I lock the car with all windows and moon roof closed, the indicators flash once.

If I click lock again I get multiple flashes.

If I lock with the drivers window open it justs locks and doesn't close the window.

How can I test if the alarm is working, i.e. I want to hear it go off please.

Thanks in anticipation

Chris

Hi as a new LS400 Owner (Mk IV reg'd 09/1998) I have a few more questions to enable me to "snag" the vehicle as I have only had it since 10/06/07.

Can someone post what the remote system should be able to do for me please. I have read the manual and am not clear on all the functions.

I do not seem to be able to close the windows using the remote key. Should this be possible, the owners manual seems to point to this this.

When I lock the car with all windows and moon roof closed, the indicators flash once.

If I click lock again I get multiple flashes.

If I lock with the drivers window open it justs locks and doesn't close the window.

How can I test if the alarm is working, i.e. I want to hear it go off please.

Thanks in anticipation

Chris

Doesn't close the windows (is it supposed to do?) Leave the boot open to test alarm? Or a door, and climb in! Though you CAN put it on 'silent' so just the lights flash, I think (well you could on Ser 3)

It should close the windows and roof if you hold the lock button down for a few seconds.

The multiple flashes when you press the button more than once are to tell you that the deadlocks and internal sensors have been disabled, so you can lock the car and leave a window or roof open, or leave someone inside the car.

One way to test the alarm is to leave a window open, lock the doors then open one from the inside after a minute or so. That should set it off!!

Thanks guys, pressing the button and holding it opened and closed the windows and moonroof.

Problem is the rear offside window closes then reopens as it seems to come up too far and pushes the rubber at the top whicjh is making it think it has something caught in it and so it reopens. The only way to keep it closed is to wait until it is at the top and then press the isolation switch.

Trouble is that this doesn't stop the window opening on the remote.

Does any one know how to adjust the window so that it doen's come up too far ??

I got the alarm to go off, should the siren and the horn sound at the same time ??

Chris

Hi Chris,

Additional information that you may find useful is that one of the internal sensors on a '98 LS400 is located somewhere underneath the central armrest. This sensor seems overly sensitive on my car, and does not tolerate large metallic objects (in my case a large bunch of keys) being left in either of the two cubbyholes when the alarm is fully set. Usually, the alarm would trigger a couple of minutes after walking away from the car. Somewhat embarassing, to say the least. I have had no problems since removing all metallic objects from the central armrest. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe that there is a thread relating to this topic on the USA forum.

Also, if you haven't already found the switch, there is a push-button under the dash (have a grope around below the fuel cap and boot release) that will switch on/off a sounder to give an audible warning if you try and set the alarm with a door/boot/moonroof not fully closed.

Happy motoring - enjoy your Lexus,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

How do I know you're not a car thief who wants to know all the secrets about my car?

Obviously, Lexus don't reveal all the secrets in the manual and for good reason.