Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stainless Steel Dial Conversion For Is200

Really nice work there, nice attention to detail :winky:

I'm interested in the auto ones when they're available, but any chance you'll be doing a set that are identical to the standard ones? The one's you've got as standard don't look like the ones I've got........ :unsure:

Also, can they be done as brushed steel, or is it just plain stainless steel?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice work there, nice attention to detail :winky:

I'm interested in the auto ones when they're available, but any chance you'll be doing a set that are identical to the standard ones? The one's you've got as standard don't look like the ones I've got........ :unsure:

Also, can they be done as brushed steel, or is it just plain stainless steel?

I will be doing a set of just original looking ones! in auto and manual!

They are just available in stainless at the moment but going to experiment with one to turn it into brushed version :whistling: Im just waiting for the auto speedo cluster i bought from another member to turn up ans then i can begin work on the auto version.

Jason :P

Ok, lots of people have been asking about the sport dials. I Don't have any proper pictures of these yet, they will hopefully be arriving by the end of the week. Here is a quick 10 second photoshop of what they should look like, will be almost identicle to this...........

gallery_6300_24_111176.jpg

i have ordered 6 sets of these, one has been sold and one is reserved :whistling: so 4 remaining, until the next order at the end of this week :shifty:

sorry for being negative....

but im struggling to see the point of this mod, who is really going to be bothered to take apart half the cluster to put that in?

am i missing something here?

but im struggling to see the point of this mod, who is really going to be bothered to take apart half the cluster to put that in?

Thought there would be someone who wouldn't like them.

No point really, just changes the look of the speedo.

It just makes the speedo cluster look a bit different, i originally started doing them because i liked the prolex white dials but didn't have the cash for them :crybaby: , done these and others seemed interested so made more.............

I have just bought the sport version and cant wait to get it fitted.IMHO i think your being negative or why do we mod anything on our cars???

aye cant wait to get home to get them fitted i would have liked the blue dash kit toobut to go all the way to prolex hardly justify's it but think it would look cool together

Think fargo could help you with your dash mate if i remember might be worth pm'ing him?

its just a bit far to go though Chris tahts the only problem unless i was to organise a meet at the same time..............................but then it tales a good while to do and................................och i dont know im sure i could take everything out and post it all lol

I've ordered a rising sun set so i'm gonna have to wait a week or so while they get made, but as soon as i get them i'll have them fitted and show you what they look like with the blue dash conversion.

Stav

Im think rising sun with the TRD logo in the middle of the sun ?? is this possible ?? maybe a TRD bit on the rev counter as well ?

Yes, possible although will cost a little more as they have to create a template for each dial kit, each new variation needs a new template so this will need a new one to be created....probably about £10 more :unsure: ish....

I take it you do it on CAD or something first ??? If so do you think you could send a photo of what it would look like before making it dont wanna waste time material money etc ? would that be ok or should i get my pen and paper out

Give me a minute.............. :whistling:

Ok, something like this???? any more trd logo's may spoil it but your choice????

med_gallery_6300_24_124637.jpg

Mmmm i like :) good job im think maybe something on the right hand side on the fuel bit but maybe a bit over the top

sod it i'll have one of these anychance i can pick it up and pay for it a JAE ??

Cheers

Im think rising sun with the TRD logo in the middle of the sun ?? is this possible ?? maybe a TRD bit on the rev counter as well ?

Yes, possible although will cost a little more as they have to create a template for each dial kit, each new variation needs a new template so this will need a new one to be created....probably about £10 more :unsure: ish....

I take it you do it on CAD or something first ??? If so do you think you could send a photo of what it would look like before making it dont wanna waste time material money etc ? would that be ok or should i get my pen and paper out

Ok, something like this???? any more trd logo's may spoil it but your choice????

Mmmm i like :) good job im think maybe something on the right hand side on the fuel bit but maybe a bit over the top

sod it i'll have one of these anychance i can pick it up and pay for it a JAE ??

Cheers

what about if i put 'toyota racing development' under the odometer part?????

can bring them to JAE, will even fit them for you free of charge as well :whistling: :)

Any plans on doing a "Sport Cross" version? Though I'll wait til I get one first ;)

Yes, hopefully. are the sportcross dials the same as the is200 or are they different????

I haven't seen any that are different to the saloon.

med_gallery_6300_24_321562.jpg

I like this one personally.

Think you could fit the "Sport" between the Lexus & security & then the "Cross" underneath the security?

Either that or "Sport" then "Cross" at about a 30 degree angle under security?

I haven't seen any that are different to the saloon.
med_gallery_6300_24_321562.jpg

I like this one personally.

Think you could fit the "Sport" between the Lexus & security & then the "Cross" underneath the security?

Either that or "Sport" then "Cross" at about a 30 degree angle under security?

what about if i moved the lexus part over to the rev gauge then just put 'sportcross' under the odometer part????

Possibly. Like I said though, no rush. I've got to buy one first & then I'll check whether there's any differences to the saloon (though I can't think what)

Out of curiousity, how did you do up your design? On a CAD program?

Possibly. Like I said though, no rush. I've got to buy one first & then I'll check whether there's any differences to the saloon (though I can't think what)

Out of curiousity, how did you do up your design? On a CAD program?

All the original artwork is made using AutoCAD and then made from the same files.

nice work fella.

out of interest, are there and little bumps of metal as a result of taking the dials off the backing plate they come on (i.e when you break the thin metal piece holding the dial to its surround, does it leaft a little nick/bump on the metal?)

Also, say i was to come up with a rough idea of what i wanted and tried to draw a rough image, would you be able to try and put something together for me and give me a price for it?

cheers

rob

Cheers

what about if i put 'toyota racing development' under the odometer part?????

can bring them to JAE, will even fit them for you free of charge as well :whistling: :)

I think that'll be a wicked idea i've got a photo of the type of writing they have it in if you dont, its a kinda italic writing if you know what i mean.

Cant wait for JAE :D

out of interest, are there and little bumps of metal as a result of taking the dials off the backing plate they come on (i.e when you break the thin metal piece holding the dial to its surround, does it leaft a little nick/bump on the metal?)

rob

Hello Rob

The kit Jason sent me to try was perfect the quality of the dials is amazing and the quality is spot on, I didnt need to file or do anything to them apart from fit them :) First class product and worth every penny i think :D

nice work fella.

Also, say i was to come up with a rough idea of what i wanted and tried to draw a rough image, would you be able to try and put something together for me and give me a price for it?

cheers

rob

Hi mate, there will be no visiable bumps or nicks when it gets removed from the backing plate. I make sure that they are delivered ready to fit with no preporation to the stainless parts.

By all means come up with a rough idea and send it to my email account (d5workshop at gmail dot com) i will give you a rough price as to what its going to cost.

hope this helps mate,