Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stainless Steel Dial Conversion For Is200

I think that'll be a wicked idea i've got a photo of the type of writing they have it in if you dont, its a kinda italic writing if you know what i mean.

Cant wait for JAE :D

I have the text mate, just need to get it into CAD and sort out placement on the dials.

You definatley want it then as i will begin work on them tomorrow!

Jason :P

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any pictures of the others mate?

Well done,

Jamie

med_gallery_6300_24_321562.jpg

These are the other version i had made, the standard ones will be the rising sun version, this one, maybe a TTE Supercharged version for all the charger guys and gals out there, a SPORT version and a altezza version.

Oh and trying to do a version for auto IS200 as well!

:whistling:

I realy love this one :D

Are they easy to view on bright, shiny days, or does the glare from the sun (for instance, coming in from the drivers side window) interfere with your ability to view the display?

The sun hasn't effected my driving yet, although we havn't had any real sunny days. The stainless is not completely mirror finish and this means that it doesn't reflect the light completly. The fact the speedo is set back into the dash also helps.

I think that'll be a wicked idea i've got a photo of the type of writing they have it in if you dont, its a kinda italic writing if you know what i mean.

I have the text mate, just need to get it into CAD and sort out placement on the dials.

im just trying to find that photo of the write txt and i'll post it up so you can have a gander

cheers

ok found the type i like

trd17E1.jpg

trdSP0741.jpg

Do you think that would go well under the digital readout on the right ?????

im just trying to find that photo of the write txt and i'll post it up so you can have a gander

cheers

ok found the type i like

trd17E1.jpg

trdSP0741.jpg

Thats the text i was thinking of! That should fit under the odometer part and will look really good, if you find a bigger image that would help as i can make it more precise!!!!!

cheers

ok found the type i like

trd17E1.jpg

trdSP0741.jpg

Thats the text i was thinking of! That should fit under the odometer part and will look really good, if you find a bigger image that would help as i can make it more precise!!!!!

Found slightly larger one here

http://www.kendalltoyotapartsonline.com/Qs...mp;BACK=A0003A1

and a load here but all the ones on the net seem to be around the same size which is annoying

http://www.boomplustoys.net/trd_wear_goods.shtml

Let me know if you need anything else

Cheers

needs to be alot bigger really so i can get the quality right, i might be able to get hold of something.

In the worst case scenario i can buy a sticker and scan it in to get the quality right!

• 2 weeks later...
i have bought a auto speedo assembly from another member, just need to get a set made. Hopefully have them ready in about 1/2 weeks :whistling:

Any sign of the Auto versions yet???????

Hey there !

Havn't been on here for a while. - Just seen those dials, they look superb ! I'd be very interested in an auto set too please ! with the lexus logos only. What sort of price would we be looking at for a kit ?

Hello Jason

sorry if this was mentioned at the beggining of this

how are they attached to the original face tape/glue ??

and is this also supplied also do you have to remove needles to mount ?

Cheers

Matt

Hello Matt

There attached with glue which is on the back of the dial kit when you recieve them which sticks to the original face of your clocks, you dont have to remove the needles as they slide over the top of them with a bit of care, I Was Jason's guinea pig when he 1st listed these and very happy with the results the instructions supplied are very good and take you through it every step of the way and they look great when fitted.... :D

Chris... :)

Hello Matt

There attached with glue which is on the back of the dial kit when you recieve them which sticks to the original face of your clocks, you dont have to remove the needles as they slide over the top of them with a bit of care, I Was Jason's guinea pig when he 1st listed these and very happy with the results the instructions supplied are very good and take you through it every step of the way and they look great when fitted.... :D

Thanks chris

and the glue is not a super grip then or it would be like using a buzzer game sliding the plate over the needle

with out touching somthing and it sticking to it

Hello Matt

Thanks chris

and the glue is not a super grip then or it would be like using a buzzer game sliding the plate over the needle

with out touching somthing and it sticking to it

Hello

The glue is covered by a paper backing when you fit them and you pull the tags off when youve put them over the needles so it wont stick to anything untill your ready for it too :) worked a treat when i did mine.. :D

Sorry guys, i have only just read this!!!!

have been at work from 5AM till 10PM today and im shattered!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh:, another 2 weeks of this to go as well!!!! :crying::crybaby:

I still haven't been able to get my hands on a auto speedo cluster?!?!?!?

i have been searching everywhere but with no luck!

If anyone comes across one then let me know and if i do buy it then i will do a deal to whomever was the original person to tip me off and give you a dial kit at COST price!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

have been at work from 5AM till 10PM today and im shattered!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh:, another 2 weeks of this to go as well!!!! :crying::crybaby:

If anyone comes across one then let me know and if i do buy it then i will do a deal to whomever was the original person to tip me off and give you a dial kit at COST price!!!!!!!

Any sign of an Auto set yet??????

Any sign of an Auto set yet??????

still don't have an auto speedo to butcher, but im keen to as the american ones are the same, roll on international sales! :whistling:

• 7 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links