Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had To Happen Some Time

:angry: Parked the car outside my house along the side of the road, as i have done so many times before. I was indoors when there was a loud smash looked outside everything looked fine, but noticed that every one was looking up the street. So had to go out and look and there was a car smoking which had ploughed into a car. SH*T i thought my car is there so ran up and it was the car behind mine that was hit. Only problem is that he pushed that car into mine. Moved my car about 4 ft does not look to bad but the back bumper is not sitting right now nor is the boot and one of the light clusters is sticking out abit. is going to be looked at tommorow do you rekon they will replace the bumper or just spray. It is all going thought his insurance.

sorry to hear it mate! I would expect them to replace the bumper, there must be some damage if your car moved about 4ft :crying: there must be some damge behind the bumper as well surely?????

hope it all gets sorted ok, at least his insurance is covering it!

Jason :P

:angry: Parked the car outside my house along the side of the road, as i have done so many times before. I was indoors when there was a loud smash looked outside everything looked fine, but noticed that every one was looking up the street. So had to go out and look and there was a car smoking which had ploughed into a car. SH*T i thought my car is there so ran up and it was the car behind mine that was hit. Only problem is that he pushed that car into mine. Moved my car about 4 ft does not look to bad but the back bumper is not sitting right now nor is the boot and one of the light clusters is sticking out abit. is going to be looked at tommorow do you rekon they will replace the bumper or just spray. It is all going thought his insurance.

I would insist on a new one. If the boot doesn't sit right you could be talking a lot more then just your bumper. lift the carpet in the boot and see if anything looks to be compressed or out of symmetry. If yes then it will be a very big job. I know a guy whose insurance company wrote his IS off when he was hit from behind. Car still drove fine but the repair costs even at the cosmetic level were to high.

Ouch mate.

Yeah if the your car was moved three feet then i'd want a full inspection (By Lexus if you can) Because theres bound to be some damage underneath.

Its there fault so make sure you get EVERYTHING checked as its to their cost not yours.

Stav