Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Meet

WylieCoyote

Hey guys. Glad to be back after a short period of not being online. I've missed the forums! However, I got back online the day after the Midlands meet and was absolutely gutted that I'd missed it. Anyway, I propose a meeting for the 5th August and I'm prepared to organise it, I'd love to meet some of the LOC members in person rather than just through the forums. I'm looking for inspiration on my car too!

I'm open to suggestions as to a general area. Midlands, North, Bristol kinda area (forget what the county is called!). What's people's thoughts on this? Drop me a PM to suggest an area.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Keith

Yeah sure, i'd be up for that. How about somewhere around south Birmingham, around Redditch or Worcester? That way people from birmingham to Bristol can attend at a central location ;)

It'll make a change to drive South for a meet :)

Going sidetrack a bit, but what happened to the skid pad day you mentioned a while back?

Hey. I've been offline for a few weeks, had a few minor glitches. Only just back online this week. I've just checked the skidpad post, seems we have enough names. I'll put some dates together and pop them on the forum.

As for the meet, Redditch sounds good. Know the area pretty well, accessible and all that. I'll wait for a few more posts to roll in and then we'll finalise a location. Just in the middle of deciding at the moment whether to buy the Parrot 3000 or 3200 colour. Hmm, decisions decisions!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Keith

Hey. I've been offline for a few weeks, had a few minor glitches. Only just back online this week. I've just checked the skidpad post, seems we have enough names. I'll put some dates together and pop them on the forum.

My apologies if I sounded pushy, I just wanted to raise some attention back to it since there are some interest.

I have some commitments scheduled for 5/8 at the moment, but I'll see if I can get out of it when the meet is confirmed.

Redditch is about 80 miles from me so i may be able to make it if we get enough interest, also on what date we decide.

Be good to meet more members of the LOC and also the ones i've already met!

If you need a hand organsing anything just give me a shout mate

My apologies if I sounded pushy, I just wanted to raise some attention back to it since there are some interest.

I have some commitments scheduled for 5/8 at the moment, but I'll see if I can get out of it when the meet is confirmed.

Hey. I didn't take it as being pushy at all! I'll confirm the meet within the next couple of days - just need to think up a location first. The date is confirmed though. I'll keep you posted! Cheers!

Keith

Redditch is about 80 miles from me so i may be able to make it if we get enough interest, also on what date we decide.

Be good to meet more members of the LOC and also the ones i've already met!

If you need a hand organsing anything just give me a shout mate

Hey. Be good to see you there mate. Cheers for the offer, may take you up on it at some stage!

Cheers

Keith

sounds good, why does that date ring a bell are there definately no national shows on then? I know it's chavvy but is it USC at santa pod?

Brum area is good for me, used to arraneg scooby meets around the Cov, Leic & brum area so know plenty of decent sized pubs+car parks in that area.....

Si

Hey guys,

Just to keep you posted, date confirmed as 5th Aug. I've been having a wee think recently. Instead of having this meet in Aug and then trying to find other dates for the skid pad, subject to numbers hows about we combine the two? Have the skid pad and then go on into Stafford or Cannock or whatever for a bite to eat or drink or something. What are people's thoughts on this? If it proves to be wildly unpopular then no worries. The only thing I'm thinking is that the only available weekend in Aug other than the 5th is the 12th which means two meets in two weeks. I'm easy either way, just let me know opinions and we'll go with the majority.

Keith

Whatever is easiest at the end of the day and i know a couple of people are already out of the meet on the 5th due to other commitments.

I shouldnt have a problem getting down for the 2 weekends if it ends up that way!

I'm up for it, but for gods sake make it somewhere else than Redditch.

Even with Sat Nav redditch is a black hole. We will lose people to the infamous road system. It also has no nice pubs or picturesque car parks, or indeed, anything of value. It is a hateful place. (I've worked here for 5 years)

Worcester is much nicer. There is a nice Car Park by the river we could meet up, and its a 5 min walk into town centre for a nice pub lunch (of which there are many).

I'm up for it, but for gods sake make it somewhere else than Redditch.

Even with Sat Nav redditch is a black hole. We will lose people to the infamous road system. It also has no nice pubs or picturesque car parks, or indeed, anything of value. It is a hateful place. (I've worked here for 5 years)

Worcester is much nicer. There is a nice Car Park by the river we could meet up, and its a 5 min walk into town centre for a nice pub lunch (of which there are many).

I'm in full agreement. I hate Redditch to be honest and I don't know any decent places to eat there.

I'm up for Worcester, it's a nicer place. Car park by the river sounds good.

Arranging the skid pad for the same day is a bit of a non-starter to be honest having considered things. We'll keep them separate.

So Worcester it is, car park by the river. Shall we say meet at 11-1130am? Hopefully graced with nice weather, can have a chin wag for a couple of hours or so and then go and get some nice grub for lunch.

Keith

So kids, now the meet is confirmed, can you let me know who's going to be coming.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing you all and your cars.

List of attendees:

1. Me!

2. Pirate Pete

3. Aztecbandit

4. Rikos

Well there is a nice big Car Park right by the river, with a little promenade and everything. From there we could either convoy somewhere just outta town for food or, and more amusingly, walk up 'The Butts' into the town centre (about 5 mins walk).

This is where I was thinking of.

wumapem9.jpg

And to get there, take junction 6 or 7, and head towards the town centre. Follow the signs for the racecourse and when you get close to it you will see the railway bridge. from J6 the car park is just after the bridge on the right, from j7 its just before the bridge on the left.

wumap2au5.jpg

Alternatively put 'Grand Stand Road' into the sat nav.

Only 4 people tho.

Perhaps you better make an 'official' midlands meet topic to drum up some more interest