Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Dudes

owned the Is250 se-l auto for just over a year now with no major problems to date - one small intermittent rattle new wiper blade that is still causing the blade to judder across the screen ,very pleased with it after the many problems i had with my RX300 se-l.

Just in the procces of looking for two company cars for myself and co director ,as the business is now on its feet and spare cash is available to enjoy its time for the Pug to go.

question : is the IS 220 D that bad and the fact that no auto box is available should I look at the other two manufactures .

would welcome your views and comments.

cheers

swager

I love my diesel sport. The torque/power was loads of fun on some country lanes yesterday. I get 38+ mpg on my commute and its relatively rattle free. I did want an auto but the manual is ok once you get used to it, at least on the sport. The ratios on the other trim levels was awful.

It's not that bad at all - that's my opinion, you need to try it and make the decision. Remember - try the Lex first - that's your bench mark, then the BMW and then the Merc (New C Class).

If the Lex is Euro 5 then company car tax may be kinder to you? You need to check that out too...

Hi Jambo,

I did test drive the sport last year and found the gear change not be as smooth as i would like - also no leather seats (can live with that)- ride was very firm compaired to the IS250 se-l. As for company car tax not to worried as dividends will take care of that (should be thinking green I know but will try harder in other areas ).My main concernerns are the fact that many of the problems and grips on our IS forum are 220D related and I did not want to go down the route of my last Lexus RX 300 se-l .Thanks for comments and will have a good test drive in the oil burner first .

cheers

swager