Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Here goes I have an 07 IS 250 Sport with ML.

I picked the car up on the 23rd of March and since then it has been ack to the dealers 6 times ! for warranty work.

• Drivers seat had a big knife mark doen the back. apparently caused by the chap who took the plastic cover off seat when completing the PDI
  • 1st attemp to rectify rattle problem from behind dash
  • 2nd attempt to rectify rattle from behind dash
  • DVD playback stopped working since 2nd attemp at fixing rattle
  • DVD palyback 2nd visit and Rattle 3 visit
  • DVD playback and rattle 4th vist booked in for thursday

Now Iam getting a little ****** off to say the least is this really what I should expect from buying a Lexus ?

The car as been off the road now for 10 days as everytime the car goes in they need it for 2 days.

I picked the car up on the 23rd of March and since then it has been ack to the dealers 6 times ! for warranty work.

• Drivers seat had a big knife mark doen the back. apparently caused by the chap who took the plastic cover off seat when completing the PDI

Now Iam getting a little ****** off to say the least is this really what I should expect from buying a Lexus ?

The car as been off the road now for 10 days as everytime the car goes in they need it for 2 days.

If you are using Lexus Stockport, you better hope thay have a new mechanic or your problems will never get sorted :winky:

I borrowed an 07 220d from the dealer and apart from the interior mirror rattling (common especially on diesels) there was a vibration coming from the rear of the vehicle.

I didn't drive it much while i had it so i wasn't that bothered by it, but when i returned it and told them of my findings they simply valeted it inside & out and parked it in a numbered bay.

My theory is they aint bothered or know about it and can't be arsed to remedy it. :whistling:

If you are using Lexus Stockport, you better hope thay have a new mechanic or your problems will never get sorted :winky:

Yes Iam using Lexus Stockport :angry: Any idea if Lexus Manchester or Bolton is any better ?

How many more 07 IS's are rattling? I thought this was history...

Don't know if iam tempting fate here but ive had mine since 31st March and not a single rattle and to be honest the rear view mirror is not bad at all.

Yes Iam using Lexus Stockport :angry: Any idea if Lexus Manchester or Bolton is any better ?

Out of the 3 Manchester the better mate :winky: if you keep on & on & on at them, Lexus GB will take over, take you car to Lexus HQ to sort your problems for you :D

How many more 07 IS's are rattling? I thought this was history...

Don't know if iam tempting fate here but ive had mine since 31st March and not a single rattle and to be honest the rear view mirror is not bad at all.

I've had mine since 5th Jan and can report the same.

Out of the 3 Manchester the better mate :winky: if you keep on & on & on at them, Lexus GB will take over, take you car to Lexus HQ to sort your problems for you :D

I was thinking of writing Lexus GB a letter do you think this would get all my problems sorted.

P.S

The only good thing is that they give me a RX400h as a courtesy car

I was thinking of writing Lexus GB a letter do you think this would get all my problems sorted.

P.S

The only good thing is that they give me a RX400h as a courtesy car

Yes writing Lexus GB letter a very good move, Gill want, is who i was dealing an lexus GB.

But you got to give Stockport/Manchester or whoever a chance 1st, but yes send letter.

Actually I've found Bolton better than Manchester and Liverpool (Liverpool nearest to home and used to work in Manchester!)

Obviously Bolton, Manchester and Stockport all the same group, but can honestly say that Bolton can never do enough for you.

• 1 month later...

ok bit of an update........ 6 weeks on.................. been away with work and on holiday.

Car seems ok no rattles whatsover !!!!! (now that temating fate)

they gave me an RX350 for 4 days which was very nice :D

so far so good.

Corroding wheels, dashboard rattles and seemingly, dissatisfaction with dealerships!

I was hoping to buy a car that was of exceptional build quality supplied buy a dealer who would treat me like I would treat someone spending 30k with me.

One of the reasons I have gone cold on BMW is the lack of customer service, I had a test drive arranged and had to cancel because of an illness in the family which meant I would be away from home. I rang the salesman repeatedly, he did not return my calls left with reception and on his voicemail, I also e-mailed. I got a call at 6pm on the Friday night, the day before I was due to have the car asking me what time I would be at the garage. They haven't even been in touch since to fix up another date.

Lexus, top of the customer satisfaction surveys, tell me, am I going to be dissappointed?

On dealerships, is Bolton coming out on top of Manchester and Stockport?

Wow what a **** experience, I have just booked my 07 250 Sport into Manchester dealers for dash rattle (only happened once so far) and to get my Nav checked out (I lost all audio during my last drive down to London). I will let you know how it goes.