Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roof bars.....not the sexiest part about owning a Lexus I freely admit.

I have just collected my Black 1994 GS 300.

I knew Lexus had a good reputation, but finally owning one has exceeded expectation.

However, part of the downside is that the "average" boot is not big enough for the occasional weekend trip. Can anyone recommend good (but cheap) supplier of roofbars & accessories that is not going to

A- ruin the roof at the fixing points and

B- not fall off on that next burn through the fens......!!

I bought a Paddy Hopkirk roof rack for my old cavalier and it took a couple of hours to build and without bits of cardboard wedged under it would have scratched the roof.

After I got my IS200 I bought some lexus roof bars - they are about £150 list price but I got a £30 discount by going through the salesman that sold me the car. They are sooo easy to fit being made for the car and just clamp on really firm. They have nice rubber feet and there are some stick on clear plastic strips to go inside the door opening for extra protection. Not cheap but I highly recomend them - not sure if the GS ones are the same though....

Many thanks for the advice.

I have just discovered a work colleague has a contact at "THULE" - they make all sorts of bars, boxes, cycle carriers, surfboard brackets......etc....

I'm waiting to see how much discount I can get?

I bought the Thule roof bars for my IS200, I got the Rapid fit version and they too fit in minutes. You would't know they weren't made for the Lexus as you buy an adapter kit for each type of car. It fits perfectly and is very secure even at speeds of 120mph when I went down to Italy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links