Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boosted Is200...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the look of this car, deffinately one of the best examples on the road.

thanks for the comment chap :)

I'm up for Ace Cafe, Niraj may well be too,

what date are we talking about ?

My car maybe in Bodyshop tho.

might do the 2nd of october? give us a shout if ya intrested.

• 3 weeks later...
just saw the progress on this....mate your cars looking wicked!.... what a transformation from last year... hope to see it in person at some point... :)

cheers fella, im planning on a Ace cafe trip soon if your up for it?

yeah 2nd of november sounds good... :)

• 2 months later...

need a bit of help,

im looking at lowering the base boost presure (Which is still set well to high at 0.7 bar) how can i go about lowering this??.... the boost controller cannot lower the boost past the base boost mark(0.7) only increase it.

any help much appreciated :)

need a bit of help,

im looking at lowering the base boost presure (Which is still set well to high at 0.7 bar) how can i go about lowering this??.... the boost controller cannot lower the boost past the base boost mark(0.7) only increase it.

Or can you no get a boost control valve and leave one side open to air so in theory it leaks boost?

or do you not change the actuator pressure?

Not enirely sure if thats right but in my head it'll work.

Stav

need a bit of help,

Or can you no get a boost control valve and leave one side open to air so in theory it leaks boost?

or do you not change the actuator pressure?

Not enirely sure if thats right but in my head it'll work.

Stav

as stav said you can use the actuator well that how i use to set the boost on my RS turbo using the actuator

It's as simple as this. If you loosen off the screw then there will be less pre-load pressure on the spring and hence it will open sooner ie; at lower boost. How much lower it will go is the real question. It may not be enough and a new spring or actuator may still be needed.

The variable one that Stav has mentioned may be worth looking at as it should tell what range of boost it will give.

• 2 weeks later...
Well its almost ready, its started!! they finished fitting the air sensor and oil regulator yesterday and sent it off to be mapped... only to find that they didnt have the correct cable for the E-manage... one is apparently arriving today then its of to be mapped on monday. This means i wont be making it to jap north :( bit disapointed but looking forward to monday :) More Pics.

012-3.jpg

Here you can see the new braided oil feed and breather filter.

i have u have moved the braided line away from / made sure its not resting on the rad top pipe as the braided line will wear thru it quite quickly

• 4 weeks later...

right its moving on to the next stage, some of you might already know or have seen the topic in the prolex section... im swapping my 1g-fe bottom end for the 1g-gte which is alot stronger and will help keep the rods in the block ;) lol no doubt pics etc will come soon.

right its moving on to the next stage, some of you might already know or have seen the topic in the prolex section... im swapping my 1g-fe bottom end for the 1g-gte which is alot stronger and will help keep the rods in the block ;) lol no doubt pics etc will come soon.

Nice one mate :)