Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boosted Is200...

Well after owning a Astra GSI for a while i got back into driving the lexus once again and really missed the torque of the turbo....luckily enough Adie was selling a turbo kit on here!, i managed too bite his arm off to get my hands on it. I havent rushed into fitting it as i have been collecting bits and bobs for it. Here is a picture of the turbo/manifold.

turbo1.jpg

turbo2.jpg

There was a few extras i needed to buy to make a complete kit, i have sourced piping for the kit and a bit extra hard piping too change the turbo to airfilter. One other goodie was a return oil line. Once i had these i started looking for a intercooler, i went with this one which is very large(780x300x76) but should with a bit of trimming make it under the bumper... :whistling:

6fba_1_b.jpg

Next i looked into a aftermarket ECU and after talking with adie decided to go with the greddy emanage system, Got it quite cheap on eBay but was stung with a hidden import tax charge.... :crybaby: but moving on i decided to get a boost controller so i can switch between sensible and fun :shifty: along with a turbo timer as that was my problem with the GSI... driving too work i sometimes rushed it and turned it off hot... naughty boy but i paid for it in the end.... with the lexus i plan on having this turbo timer fitted too save the life of my turbo lol.

They all arrived very quickly, i went for the greddy PRofec B-Spec II boost controller and greddy full auto turbo timer.

goodies2.jpg

I didnt waste to long getting around to test fitting the intercooler, it defently needed me to trim the bumper back and the crash bar was defently a no no... I have cut the grille out and replaced it with mesh as like in Ellz turbo project.... the bumper fits on some how!!... i havent got a picture of it all fitted up as of yet but here it is with the bumper off.

Intercooler4.jpg

Next step is getting it all fitted and mapped up, ive become good friends with leon green who owns JPS motosport so im dropping it off to him in bletchley on monday to start it all :D i cant wait too be boosting once again.... il keep this thread updated when i can and hope too have it complete for JAE this year....

Cheerio

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done fella looking good, intercooler looks huge :)

the money does spiral out of control a little lol, daz at the mo theres only 2 working IS turbos but soon there could be 5 adies, sam and daves should be good if there all at JAE :)

what boost you going to be runnin mine made just under 190 at the hubs at under .4 bar which I was suprised at, the guys at TDi said they wouldnt recommend going much higher, but quite a few ppl where running 0.5 bar but kinda same BHP. around the 190-200 at wheels.

Do u think it'll be ready for 7th July ????

the money does spiral out of control a little lol, daz at the mo theres only 2 working IS turbos but soon there could be 5 adies, sam and daves should be good if there all at JAE :)

what boost you going to be runnin mine made just under 190 at the hubs at under .4 bar which I was suprised at, the guys at TDi said they wouldnt recommend going much higher, but quite a few ppl where running 0.5 bar but kinda same BHP. around the 190-200 at wheels.

if it was ready for the 7th i would be a happy chappy but i think its going to be cutting it close too JAE, JPS work quite quick and hopefully should have it back on the road in no time.... im looking too run .5 bar too start with but no doubt more pennies... i mean pounds will be put into the car for more boost ;) . .4 bar with 190bhp at the hubs is a good read out do you know what its pushing at the fly?

Am:

He seems to be well set up down there now, some very sexual supra's coming and going.... bit of topic but i saw your feature in fast car.... looks the part mate well done :)

if it was ready for the 7th i would be a happy chappy but i think its going to be cutting it close too JAE, JPS work quite quick and hopefully should have it back on the road in no time.... im looking too run .5 bar too start with but no doubt more pennies... i mean pounds will be put into the car for more boost ;) . .4 bar with 190bhp at the hubs is a good read out do you know what its pushing at the fly?

Add around 20% so 230 ish might save up for a boost controller to up it a little but not sure if i want to risk snapping the con rods that would really peeee me off lol

dropped the car of at JPS this morning.... missing the lexus already!.

Nice one fella it all depends on the power more than the boost, if you get 300hp from 0.1 boost the internal would go (if you get the drift) this has been on adies already so you should have a rough idea of the kinda power you'll get from it, i was just suprised that i got 190 from such low boost.

You getting the clutch done as well ??? i need it done (group buy) :) lol

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

Time for a update!, the intercooler is in position with the bottom mounts fabricated in place, the top mounts are on the way along with a few more bits of pipework. The intercooler too alot of work to fit, horns,aircon pipe and a few other bits had to be modified.The turbo is in place, it didnt need any modification to fit unlike what ive been told about the kit. they started the oil feed as i left today... anyway here are some piccies!!.

001-9.jpg

Intercooler5.jpg

turbo6.jpg

turbo7.jpg

Ive also just brought this bit of kit :)

HKS SUPER SQV 2 Blow off valve

a3c6_12.JPG

Looks good fella, will it be ready for JAE ???

the new HKS bov looks nice :)

That front mount is sooooo big, pretty sure that its a fair bit bigger than mine and TDi had to cut away a big chunk of the bumper to make mine fit, think you may just have a number plate left at the end :lol:

O yeah drove mine last weekend picking it up tomoro you will be very please when your is done i can promise you that :)

doubt it will be ready in time ellz, which is a shame so will probley have to wait till JAE 08' lol!. we had to do some serious bumer mods to make it fit... some how it fits. i bet it was great driving your car i really cant wait till i get mine back!.

Looks good, i can't help but think your FMIC is bit OTT, its bloody huge. more than half of it will be restricted by your bumper.. Maybe you bitten off more than you can chew with that one :hehe: any pics with the bumper installed?

Why is it taking so long? its a pretty straight fwd kit to install i assume? IIRC doing oil lines means removing the sump completley on the IS200?

Gutted you won't have it done for JAE, i thought 1 wk would be plenty for them to get it installed... I guess there busy as f00k!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links