Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boosted Is200...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news.

Now do you want this Aircon pump?????

i do indeed, ive actually had the car back over a week but have been in magaluf so havent had the chance to enjoy it yet lol! can collect when ever is cool for you chap? car drives fantastic! so much better to drive than the VR6!! lol! enjoying runing her in atm. Got there to find my wheel was damaged but there was no hesitation to organise its replacement so theres no problem there. Look forward to getting some pictures of it over the weekend if the weather is ok and get to more LOC meets :D got to put on my cut down registration plate (Which is legal too) looks hard!

why not measure yours top to bottom side to side decide on what size you want(you could make templates to see what looks nice) phone a plate making company tell them the size your after and they'll make it for you looks that wee bit better than a cut down one imho(better finish on the sides)

heres a pic of mine

length 35cm hight 11cm

p0606091831.jpg

standard length 52cm hight 11cm

i also have a non standard back as well :winky: all thats wrong with them is the inch spacing in the midlde has been removed.

4389845714a10229201659o.jpg

sshhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone lol.it just doesn't look the same with the spacing.

i also have a non standard back as well :winky: all thats wrong with them is the inch spacing in the midlde has been removed.

4389845714a10229201659o.jpg

sshhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone lol.it just doesn't look the same with the spacing.

What's your wife say about it ? she arrest you then ask you to come to the station or just take your particulars down :lol:

you must be kidding..........remember i'm married lol!!! she gives me greef as she some times has to use the lex to go to her work!! :lol::lol::lol:

well got some very bad news, i couldnt be more un-happier! after doing 300miles scince picking the car up it has decided to give up. Broke down on the side of the m25 after loosing engine power and stalling. car wont start unless you pump the throttle but gives of emense noise and stinks strongly of fuel. nothing seems to be leaking and when it cut out made no noise. even worse to the point i just had to cough up for recovery to collect the car as my maximum usage was up with the RAC... hmmmm. really not impressed!

tbh everyone im seriously thinking about selling up as im getting to the point when i feel its just not worth it anymore.

I know you feel like giving up & people cant think badly if you do, financially it must of been very draining for little reward so far. Your car looks amazing & like you say when it worked shortly it was fantastic, I suppose these are harsh downsides for trying something new & not stock.

I wish you all the luck in the world Sam as this certainly is one of my faves that I've not even seen in person yet, think it will be great if it can be completed. It's taken along time but I hope you can get it over the line & have a fews years happy motoring.

Chris

P.S. How much would you looking to get rid of it for as well? I cant afford it, I can barely afford the repairs on my old stock IS lol..

found out what the problem is spark plugs where drenched in fuel and burnt up but when i looked at cylinder 6 i found this:

vr033.jpg

vr034.jpg

part of the plug looks like its welded itself to the piston and i can see loads of shards in there. So not impressed at all cus it looks like its off to be rebuilt again after 300miles and having it back on the road less than 48hrs. To me it looks like the piston has struck the plug.

looks like what happened to asi's the head of the plug melted off and dropped into the cylinder causing a lot of damage he had to get a new engine(no compression) dont think the piston has hit the plug though dont think thats possible due to the shape of the head.

sorry to see this as this must be one of the nicest is's out their.

found out what the problem is spark plugs where drenched in fuel and burnt up but when i looked at cylinder 6 i found this:

vr033.jpg

vr034.jpg

part of the plug looks like its welded itself to the piston and i can see loads of shards in there. So not impressed at all cus it looks like its off to be rebuilt again after 300miles and having it back on the road less than 48hrs. To me it looks like the piston has struck the plug.

***** bad luck dude, what did it have done last time it went in ?

If piston has hit spark plug not good new at all as guessing something would be wrong with con rod/bottom end allowing extra movement for it to be able to hit the plug.

Think the piston would normally hit the valves before the spark plug wouldn't it ? Not sure if it's possible for it to actually come into contact with the spark plug, as Ormi said. Think it's more likely the plug melted, but how on earth did that happen ? What sort of plugs were they ?

if you imagine a tennis ball cut in half thats the shape of the cumbustion chamber in the head and the spark plug is right at the top so due to the shape of the piston it wont be able to hit the plug its impossable.

so it looks like its melted mate so your goin to have piston,valve,head and possibly boar damage.sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this doesnt look too good.

:crybaby::crybaby:

How could it melt though?

Lack of fuel to that cylinder?

running too hot

too much boost

wrong plugs

lack of fuel

too much fuel

pre-ignition

plug not tight enough in the head(not enough heat transfer from plug to head)

timing slightly out

poss more causes but cant think of any more as its sunday and my brain is on a go slow.

yes if you were constantly trying to start the car with out it starting would cause the wet plugs ie flooding the engine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links