Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boosted Is200...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like its been hit by something. Is the 1G an interference engine ? Could you see if there was any bits of metal in the combustion camber (valve, maybe even turbo fin)

Yes the 1G is interference Ellz but its unlikely to hit the spark plug as its got to get hit the valves first.

It looks like its been hit by something. Is the 1G an interference engine ? Could you see if there was any bits of metal in the combustion camber (valve, maybe even turbo fin)

yip its a interference engine but and theirs a but he said it just cut out if the things you mention happened their would have been a lot of rattling and a lot of noise.

Off the topic but are Charlseworth a decent garage for carrying out this type of work.

I want mine doing by them, but they have a blown up black is sat in the garage (last month) and yours is the second with probles!

Thanks

That IS was Sam's.

The turbo blew first time.

But as far as i'm concerned they are a decent garage.

what work are you having carried out?

Off the topic but are Charlseworth a decent garage for carrying out this type of work.

I want mine doing by them, but they have a blown up black is sat in the garage (last month) and yours is the second with probles!

Thanks

I can only based that on what I have seen and had done myself - the garage is superb and Steve (owner) is one of the very best mechanics/engineers I have ever come across. He doesn't give a car back to a customer unless he is 100% happy with it and I doubt very much if this latest failure can be put down to Charlesworth Motors in any way. If there is any issue that I would suspect it lies with Noble Motorsport, based on a few stories I have heard from Aristo owners, who do the mapping but lets see what happens first before jumping to conclusions :)

Yeah the car made no noise at all, just a little splutter and no power. i took it out of gear and the car died.

there where alot of bits of what i beleive to be the spark plug remains in the chamber, Yes that was my IS in there being sorted.

thanks for all the comments guys, im going to speak to charlesworth motors tomorow morning and get it sorted. Somethings obivously not be done right or gone wrong for this to happen..... i could spend all day trying to do it myself but lets be honest ive spent my money to have the job done so why should i?

il keep you all posted but as it stands i really have got fed up with it all so im open for serious offers on the car....

Yeah the car made no noise at all, just a little splutter and no power. i took it out of gear and the car died.

there where alot of bits of what i beleive to be the spark plug remains in the chamber, Yes that was my IS in there being sorted.

thanks for all the comments guys, im going to speak to charlesworth motors tomorow morning and get it sorted. Somethings obivously not be done right or gone wrong for this to happen..... i could spend all day trying to do it myself but lets be honest ive spent my money to have the job done so why should i?

il keep you all posted but as it stands i really have got fed up with it all so im open for serious offers on the car....

Thats if there was something done wrong.

As you know with modifacations it could be something just not holding up rather than bad workmanship.

simon got in contact with me this morning and we started to make progress to getting it back up to them to be sorted. sourcing parts atm so they have everything before it goes back up again as cant deal with another long build time.

I think simon is as gutted as me that it has happened. Part of me wishes i had gone down the 2jz route but ive done far to much to go back now, im just hoping once its sorted it will be happy motoring.

thanks yeldarb il keep it in mind :)

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Looks a lot like pre-ignition to me, was the car pinking at all before hand? No idea how the ignition system works on the IS, I know it is different to the GS, but my GS was pinking seriously badly after my head gasket was done, I checked the timing and it was 23 degrees out. I suspect my plugs/pistons would've gone the same way as yours if I hadn't re-adjusted it.

not that i know of chap, Was running ok and out of boost when it went. didnt hit boost for about 50miles as was crusing on the motorway in the middle of the night. Here are some pictures after i washed it before i took it too southend..... ah the memories haha!!

Washed.jpg

washed2.jpg

washed3.jpg

Mate I am sorry to hear about the car but at least you have a garage that is willing to stick by its work and get it sorted. I know how it feels to spend alot of money and have your pride and joy taken away from you constantly trying to sort this and that out. You can start hating the car but all I can say is that when it does all come together, I'm sure you will be glad to have a one of kind Lexus. I would say hold on and see it through, your dealing with two professional companies in my opinion and between them they owe it to you to get that car sorted. Good luck

no AFR gauge in the car.... was planning on getting a wideband when i was paid along with a LSD

I would STRONGLY suggest one, could have shown the early stages of what was happening, i.e if it was lack of fuelling at cruising speed it would have shown it straight away.

Mate I am sorry to hear about the car but at least you have a garage that is willing to stick by its work and get it sorted. I know how it feels to spend alot of money and have your pride and joy taken away from you constantly trying to sort this and that out. You can start hating the car but all I can say is that when it does all come together, I'm sure you will be glad to have a one of kind Lexus. I would say hold on and see it through, your dealing with two professional companies in my opinion and between them they owe it to you to get that car sorted. Good luck

Hows your car going mate?

Any more plans?

I'm getting my self a ball and chain at the moment mate so had to put the car on hold for a bit. Will be putting up a post soon as things get moving. looking at a very quick spooling turbo set-up. Low down boost ;)

I'm getting my self a ball and chain at the moment mate so had to put the car on hold for a bit. Will be putting up a post soon as things get moving. looking at a very quick spooling turbo set-up. Low down boost ;)

Excellent news mate on both counts.

I find putting some money in the wedding account keeps her quiet so i can spend some more money on the car :lol:

Sounds like the sort of setup i'm looking at next, though could be a bit off with the Nurburgring trip and everything. I was planning September but neverind.

• 3 years later...

Hey Sam My condolences to for the bad news I really hope ffor the best for you and your Lex, because i too am planning on going the same route as you but think i'll give it a miss if you are experiencing so many issues so early on, If the issue has been resolved i'd really like to hear it, any way look forward to the next updates... GOOD LUCK!

Hey Sparky is the 1GFE just not able to handle boost because every post i've read that talks about this engine being boosted ends in a lot of money being spent and the car being at the workshop more often on the road, I'm one of the guys on this forum that has been saving to do a bbost upgrade to my 1 GFE but i have to say i'm feeling very turned off the idea and rather just selling the car for what i can and getting a my second choice a Bugeye scooby WRX.

My only concern is i'll never get my money back for the Lex and despite it i actually enjoy driving the car I just miss the launch of a boosted car ( had a Bora 1.9 TDi 110 remapped to 140hp and 320 nm torque (236 ft/lb), so was thinking about investing in this kit for the Lex but if its gonna be unreliable and cost me even more money then i don't see the point, i read your build cover to cover and i can only imagine the dosh flogged on your project only to end up with a completely different engine Then i have to wonder if the cost justifies the trouble.... whats your oppinion?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links