Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Savage

Mr Singh

After about 2yrs of service, this is what my TRD flywheel looks like

IMG_0158.jpg

And my pressure plate.

IMG_0160.jpg

Clutch had been slipping for few weeks, so have eased of using any boost at all...

Doing an engine change since i picked up a low mileage unit for a good price...

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Also i've found the headgasket has been leaking... I suspected it anyway after some overheating problems i've had lately..

IMG_0153.jpg

New motor will be in next weekend, after i source a new pressure plate and flywheel... Already have a TRD Sportsfaced friction disc...

With some luck the Apexi Power FC will be installed along with bigger injectors and some intensive mapping!

My old motor will be for sale, it could well serve someone if there looking to do a monster 3S-GE build motor, i considered it but i'm not preparred to put anymore cash into the car now.

Cheers.

After about 2yrs of service, this is what my TRD flywheel looks like And my pressure plate.

Clutch had been slipping for few weeks, so have eased of using any boost at all...

Also i've found the headgasket has been leaking... I suspected it anyway after some overheating problems i've had lately..

Bit of a mess Am, no wonder it was sounding rough..glad to see you have the rectification well in hand.

Wow full engine replacement! Hope all goes well for you... I presume it is a pretty straightforward precedure replacing the block? Attach mountings, hose / cable connections and checks?

One question I do have is how do you go on with insurance documentation and other car documentation?

Good luck and all the best,

Jamie

Well, got load of new parts which inc.

Bullet Steel 5.8kg Flywheel, this is 600grams lighter than my old TRD unit. Its comparable to the JUN U/L flywheel which has been discontinued.

Exedy Sports Clutch Cover (thanks to Dave @ Prolex)

TRD Organic Clutch Disc

Clutch Release bearing

Power Enterprise Oil Filter

Blitz LM Air Filter Element

New sump plug (with a powerful neo magnet on the tip)

New Radiator

Millers/Halfords Fluids (coolant, engine/transmission/power steering oils)

That little lot came in at quite a sum. However a jobs worth doing its worth doing right :)

Work will proceed on Sunday.

Well, got load of new parts which inc.

Bullet Steel 5.8kg Flywheel, this is 600grams lighter than my old TRD unit. Its comparable to the JUN U/L flywheel which has been discontinued.

Exedy Sports Clutch Cover (thanks to Dave @ Prolex)

TRD Organic Clutch Disc

Clutch Release bearing

Power Enterprise Oil Filter

Blitz LM Air Filter Element

New sump plug (with a powerful neo magnet on the tip)

New Radiator

Millers/Halfords Fluids (coolant, engine/transmission/power steering oils)

That little lot came in at quite a sum. However a jobs worth doing its worth doing right :)

Work will proceed on Sunday.

Good man Am, cant wait to see this car when its done. 3S-GE all the way!!!!

The motors in, started first time.

However after we took it off the axel stands and put the bonnet on, it refused to start after. The relays just chatter (fuse box in the engine) when ignitions turned on.. So we have to take a look...

Other than that, it ran superbly. The new flywheel makes a nice whir sound on idle, better to my ears than the TRD one aswell!

Fingers crossed the electrical fault is something simple!

Cheers

Ok some pics..

IMG_01744.JPG

new pressure plate (Exedy)

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

new bullet steel ultra lightweight flywheel (5.8kg)

IMG_0209.jpg

Flywheel attached to new motor

IMG_0210.jpg

Exedu Pressure plate, TRD Organic friction disc and Flywheel installed and aligned.

IMG_0214.jpg

New clutch release bearing installed.

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Going in.

IMG_0239.jpg

In, albiet needing a detail..

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

This is a cool rad cap i got, made by PIAA/Spac, it releases trapped air into the coolant overflow tank :)

IMG_0261.jpg

Once the clutch has bedded in, it will be time to install the Power FC ECU, 530cc injectors and Map it! Runs smooth, quiet and crisp :)

Cheers.

Where and how much did you get your whole clutch/flywheel set-up for if you don't mind me asking? Think ill need a new clutch soon so advice would be appreciated :winky: And wheres your s/c gone??

TRD Friction disc from Kinway Motorsport £120 inc shipping from HK

Exedy Pressure plate from Prolex £200 inc shipping

Bullet Steel Flywheel from JPS Trading £180 inc shipping from Japan

Release bearing from Toyota £50

Total £550

You can get a full TODA kit from JPS trading (ebay) for around £500, which inc. all the above, minus the bearing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-TODA-Li...21916QQtcZphoto

Supercharger? did you miss the BOV and the boost pipes? Its in there :winky:

Supercharger? did you miss the BOV and the boost pipes? Its in there :winky:

Ye i missed that picture, i see it now!! So the Toda kit seems reasonably priced. Will the Toyota realease bearing fit the Toda kit?

• 2 weeks later...
top job mate

what power you hoping for mate ?

is that super charger still eating those belts or is that issue sorted

daz

300+ would be nice :) last power run at Thor she did around 280, with no mapping of any kind.

doesn't eat belts at all, fixed the problem while ago.. its now making the 6-pots work very very hard indeed... so its eating my brakes up if anything :lol:

mapping soon! :shifty: