Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Resetting Ecu

Andy-R

Does resetting the ECU really help improve fuel economy? Or is a full service the answer,I get about 120miles out of £20 is this about right? I have upgraded from diesel so don't know if thats why I think mpg is high. Also has anyone seen these magnet things that are supposed to improve mpg by 20% does anyone have them and do they work? :unsure:

hi,

That sort of mileage seems alright for the IS200, but an ECU reset won't hurt things at all.

You should do a reset if you've changed anything, i.e. added an induction kit, exhaust, etc.

The Magnet thing is assume is the green things on eBay. I'm sure there was a thread a couple of days ago that mentioned these and apparently there isn't really much solid proof that they work. But if you feel like being a Guineas pig i'm sure we'd all be interested in the results either way.

Stav

hi,

That sort of mileage seems alright for the IS200, but an ECU reset won't hurt things at all.

You should do a reset if you've changed anything, i.e. added an induction kit, exhaust, etc.

The Magnet thing is assume is the green things on Ebay. I'm sure there was a thread a couple of days ago that mentioned these and apparently there isn't really much solid proof that they work. But if you feel like being a Guineas pig i'm sure we'd all be interested in the results either way.

Stav

why reset the ecu?

hi,

The Magnet thing is assume is the green things on Ebay. I'm sure there was a thread a couple of days ago that mentioned these and apparently there isn't really much solid proof that they work. But if you feel like being a Guineas pig i'm sure we'd all be interested in the results either way.

Stav

Cheers Stav. I've not added anything new so i'll prob just do a service, I think i'll wait and see if anyone has used the green things off e-bay before buying I think, don't realy want to spend even if it's only a tenner before I know if they work. Andy

My dad has run many labor Clubs now and had people coming in trying to sell magnets for the beer line, as the magnetic force re-aligns the electrons of the beer, so it does not stick to the lines so you don’t need to clean them as often "YEH RIGHT", the last club he took over had these magnets installed, surprise surprise they made no difference, They are marketed diffrentley, but they dont make fuel burn better either

ecu-reset, this will reset the catalyst monitoring data and Long and Short Fuel Trim, fuel trim is the adaptation of the ecm for varying sensors and engine efficacy, when the car goes in to closed loop at a given state (load, throttle position, rpm, coolant temp .etc) it expects what the opening time of the injector will be as is changes state, from rich to lean or lean to rich (closed loop) . If the actual opening time is more or less the ecm will add or subtract fuel trim (it learns). what this does is make the car run closer to the correct AFR, if the ecm needs to trim to much it will log a fault and bring on a light . Eg. Bank 1 system too lean. The car will learn very quickly if anything changes.

My dad has run many labor Clubs now and had people coming in trying to sell magnets for the beer line, as the magnetic force re-aligns the electrons of the beer, so it does not stick to the lines so you don’t need to clean them as often "YEH RIGHT", the last club he took over had these magnets installed, surprise surprise they made no difference, They are marketed diffrentley, but they dont make fuel burn better either

ecu-reset, this will reset the catalyst monitoring data and Long and Short Fuel Trim, fuel trim is the adaptation of the ecm for varying sensors and engine efficacy, when the car goes in to closed loop at a given state (load, throttle position, rpm, coolant temp .etc) it expects what the opening time of the injector will be as is changes state, from rich to lean or lean to rich (closed loop) . If the actual opening time is more or less the ecm will add or subtract fuel trim (it learns). what this does is make the car run closer to the correct AFR, if the ecm needs to trim to much it will log a fault and bring on a light . Eg. Bank 1 system too lean. The car will learn very quickly if anything changes.

Ok cheers, i'll save my tenner for fuel then :)