Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil In Pipe!

jackal

Thought i would have a quick look at my butterfly to see how clean it was and to my shock i found this.

airintakepipe0000.gif

airintakepipe0002.gif

airintakepipe0003.gif

The best thing to clean this with i thought was Electical cleaner/Brake cleaner, it evaporates quickly and doesnt leave any residue.

This is the end result.

airintakepipe0004.gif

airintakepipe0005.gif

I took most of my pipes off to clean including the Maff which i gave a very carefull blast with the Electrical cleaner.

I was a bit worried that i would find a litre of oil in my SMIC which i had seen on another site somewhere but cant remember where now, I didnt get time to take the SMIC off so with have to do that next weekend,does anyone know if its a bumper off job or can i do it from top and bottom?

The SMIC is a bumper job...although it shouldn't take any longer than a couple of hours to remove it. IIRC there's guides floating around - just do a search on google.

Nice job on the Throttle Body...I need to do mine (saw it just two weeks ago and it was worse than yours! :o).

Once you get the SMIC off I'd suggest you get a tub of kerosene or diesel and just dump it in there overnight (don't get high on the fumes :P)...that'll clean up the SMIC pretty nicely. Then if possible, give the whole thing a blast with a pressure washer or something...that'll definitely sort it out and see if you can straighten up any of the fins.

The SMIC is a bumper job...although it shouldn't take any longer than a couple of hours to remove it. IIRC there's guides floating around - just do a search on google.

Nice job on the Throttle Body...I need to do mine (saw it just two weeks ago and it was worse than yours! :o).

Once you get the SMIC off I'd suggest you get a tub of kerosene or diesel and just dump it in there overnight (don't get high on the fumes :P)...that'll clean up the SMIC pretty nicely. Then if possible, give the whole thing a blast with a pressure washer or something...that'll definitely sort it out and see if you can straighten up any of the fins.

Nice one cheers for the advice, im going to be getting a Greddy FMIC but wasnt sure what the difference between the Type M or V, does anyone know?

Nice one cheers for the advice, im going to be getting a Greddy FMIC but wasnt sure what the difference between the Type M or V, does anyone know?

type V is thicker

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A friend told me it could be the turbo seals on there way out depending on how old the tubbys are. He also told me that is normal for them to blow some oil past the seals on the turbo, but it usually happens when the turbos are getting worn out or almost in need of a rebuild.

Oh well another thing to replace on the mota if they do give up :crybaby:

A friend told me it could be the turbo seals on there way out depending on how old the tubbys are. He also told me that is normal for them to blow some oil past the seals on the turbo, but it usually happens when the turbos are getting worn out or almost in need of a rebuild.

I'm certain that if you're turbo seals are gone you'll notice smoke through the exhaust when decellerating and a puff of smoke when WOT. I wouldn't be "too" concerned until the above starts rearing it's ugly head...that's when you'll NEED to get the turbo's rebuilt - could be a good time to go single ;) .

I'm certain that if you're turbo seals are gone you'll notice smoke through the exhaust when decellerating and a puff of smoke when WOT. I wouldn't be "too" concerned until the above starts rearing it's ugly head...that's when you'll NEED to get the turbo's rebuilt - could be a good time to go single ;) .

Good point ive got no smoke at all,Oh well single will have to wait a bit longer :winky:

I'd check your PCV valve mate. that looks like the PCV valve needs replacing. The PCV valve is used in the engine breathing. Im sure Skeet94 can go into more details.

Basically the valve helps relieve pressure in the crankcase hence the name Positive Crankcase Ventilation...it's a one way valve. If this valve does not work properly you tend to get "blow-by" which is as Rallure pointed out, the problem in this case.

Looking at my little "archive" of links to help/troubleshoot with the 2JZ-GTE - take a look at this ...

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/Gotchas_2JZGTE.htm

Scroll 1/4 of the way down and you'll see a little "description" on how you can test to make sure the valve is working. If it holds pressure up to 2bar, then you're perfectly fine...if it doesn't then get it replaced :).