Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roof (gutter) Trim

Hi i have a 2000 is200 sport (dark blue).

I noticed the drivers side roof trim (the bit u remove to fit roof bars) was loose.

Now after a quick trip up the motorway its no longer anywhere to be seen :(

I rang lexus and the price was a bit well Lexus. I wondered if any body might have a spare that they wouldnt mind lending me for a few years or if anyone knows where i can get one for a bit more of a reasonable price.

Cheers Edd.

dont know which roof bars ur on about but the lexus ones dont need anything removing as they clamp onto the door frame.

if u want a no probs one get it from lexus otherwise its a breakers and there is no guarentee as to the condition it might be in

Got mine from Chris.S, £35 for plain black and £70 for coloured... EACH ;)

thanks but is that price for roof bars?

I dont actually want roof bars. The bit that fell off that im after is an original bit of trim that goes along the edge of the roof just above the doors. It may have nothing to do with roof bars at all.

The scrap yard is a good shout though since i cant find any on eBay as unless the car was rolled it should be in perfect condition :D

I dont actually want roof bars. The bit that fell off that im after is an original bit of trim that goes along the edge of the roof just above the doors. It may have nothing to do with roof bars at all.

No dude .... :blink:, your post is about roof trim and thats what they cost..... I replaced my passenger one a few months ago thankfully mine was just plain black whereas newer models are colour coded to the cars paint....;)

No dude .... :blink:, your post is about roof trim and thats what they cost..... I replaced my passenger one a few months ago thankfully mine was just plain black whereas newer models are colour coded to the cars paint....;)

wow ok thanks, Lexus Notts said it would be £52 inc vat for blue ones to match my car which is a fair bit less than the £70 u were told.. Guess im just being tight then lol

Mmmm ... Got that quote from Chris.S who works for Lexus hanley and is usually cheaper... :unsure:

EDIT ...just went back and read my old pm from Chris..... i was wrong... Colours are actually £90 :o

try dewsbury auto salvage, they might have the part your after. last time i looked, they had a few is200's in.

google dewsbury auto salvage, they mainly deal with accident damaged japanese cars.

try dewsbury auto salvage, they might have the part your after. last time i looked, they had a few is200's in.

google dewsbury auto salvage, they mainly deal with accident damaged japanese cars.

Thanks Kam thought they would be able to sort me, looking on their website they had lots of is200 with what looked like good roofs. But when i called to ask they just said no. Maybe they take major objects of value off then crush the cars?

Or maybe the part wouldnt have made them much money? Either way they wernt very helpful.

Any breakers that u can suggest around the east midlands?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links