Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rs200 Sat Nav And Stereo

slugdance

Hi to all, this is my first post although I have been reading for a while.

My RS200 is currently sat on the dock of the bay (well, southampton), wasting ti-i-i-ime whilst the SVA gets done.

I have read as much as the forums as possible and believe the only option for me to convert the standard Japanese sat nav to a UK system is a minimum £500 upgrade from Drive and View. com (thanks to Luke for the prompt response).

I would have thought that the Hardware would be pretty standard and only the software would need upgrading.

Has anyone done this UK conversion from a Jap import?

Cheers,

Slug

Welcome to LOC :)

Unfortunately this is a hardware replacement job, either go third party such as TomTom or replace the existing unit, not just a case of a disk swap unfortunately.

Same problem in my Aristo, in my case they added an aftermarket Alpine unit which feeds into the TV unit, works ok, I prefer TomTom though!

Welcome to LOC :)

Unfortunately this is a hardware replacement job, either go third party such as TomTom or replace the existing unit, not just a case of a disk swap unfortunately.

Same problem in my Aristo, in my case they added an aftermarket Alpine unit which feeds into the TV unit, works ok, I prefer TomTom though!

Poo. I was hoping to keep my new baby as original as possible without going over my budget. I certainly won't be sticking a tomtom on the screen though, I doubt it would stay on long with the way I drive!

Looks like my only other option is the computer conversion from fargosys .com!

Thanks for the quick reply it is much appreciated.

good luck with getting the sat nav sorted!

Welcome to LOC, finally another memeber from my neck of the woods :whistling::lol:

Jason :P

I thought Hampshire was the spiritual home of the Lexus? Goodness only knows who would buy a BMW when they could afford a to live in such a beautiful county and afford to drive a proper car...