Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some time ago I mentioned that I was having problems with paint chipping off where the boot closes on the rear bumper.

I brought it to the dealer who took photo's and sent them back to Lexus. About a month later I was asked to drop my car in for a couple of days for them to remedy the situation.

When I got the car back I noticed that they had re-sprayed the rear bumper to remove the scratch marks. On further investigation when I got home I spotted that they had not done anything to the part of the boot that closes on the bumper. This area was still covered with scratches and marks. I was waiting for a reason to go over to the dealer with this as it's not exactly life or death. However, today I noticed that the scratch marks are coming back on the bumper in exactly the same place as before. I can only assume that these marks/scratches are being caused by an ill fitting boot door (I thought this in the first place- it's not exactly rocket science after all) The boot door had nothing done to it to remedy the problem so were back ito square one. I wonder if any of you good people are having the same problem with your boot doors and if it was remedied by your dealer to your satisfaction.

Oh yes and quess what, I asked them to fix a rattle in the left front of the car. They did, and now I have one in the right front. **** IN PURSUIT OF PERFECTION****

That's a nightmare, have you rung them back to let them now that they've still not fixed the root cause of the problem so you'll be going back every few months for a respray?!

Give them another go and if they don't help then I'm not sure whether you're covered by Lexus GB over there? Might be worth giving them a call to see if they can give you the details of who to escalate the problem too, maybe even if you go to the HQ of whoever owns that particular franchised dealer you may get a better result?

Jamboo: I have exactly the same noise and reported this to Lexus when they originally took my car away about a year ago. The report I got back from Lexus GB was that they had tested many cars and all of the new IS's made the same vibration noise and it was a 'characteristic' of the new IS. However, they had taken video evidence of the vibration noise and sent it off to the factory.

I have heard nothing since or whether there is a fix for it or not.

• 4 months later...
Some time ago I mentioned that I was having problems with paint chipping off where the boot closes on the rear bumper.

I brought it to the dealer who took photo's and sent them back to Lexus. About a month later I was asked to drop my car in for a couple of days for them to remedy the situation.

When I got the car back I noticed that they had re-sprayed the rear bumper to remove the scratch marks. On further investigation when I got home I spotted that they had not done anything to the part of the boot that closes on the bumper. This area was still covered with scratches and marks. I was waiting for a reason to go over to the dealer with this as it's not exactly life or death. However, today I noticed that the scratch marks are coming back on the bumper in exactly the same place as before. I can only assume that these marks/scratches are being caused by an ill fitting boot door (I thought this in the first place- it's not exactly rocket science after all) The boot door had nothing done to it to remedy the problem so were back ito square one. I wonder if any of you good people are having the same problem with your boot doors and if it was remedied by your dealer to your satisfaction.

Oh yes and quess what, I asked them to fix a rattle in the left front of the car. They did, and now I have one in the right front. **** IN PURSUIT OF PERFECTION****

As an addition to this old post. I brought my car back to the dealer three weeks ago and explained that they had repainted the car but had not actually addressed the problem as the scratches were getting bad again, they did their usual inspection and took photo's of the problem and various reference badges. They then told me to come back to them in two weeks and they would need the car for two days blah blah.

I got a phone call this tuesday morning from them (the dealer) to tell me not to bother bringing the car over as, wait for it... Lexus were refusing to fix the car as this was the third one they had resprayed and the old problems were re-surfacing on all of them. They will not take them in now until they have a fix for the problem. So have a look at you boot ladies and gents this problem is ongoing, and the geniuses in Lexus don't know how to fix it yet. It's laughable really,thankfully it's nothing major.