Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bhp Of An Is200s

If it's been looked after during it's life and serviced correctly I don't think you'd be down by much at all really, the Supra boys go on about this and there's never a massive difference to be honest!

just over 500hp at the moment for reliability (i think circa 540 @ flywheel)

Thats just unnecessary :lol:

mines been well maintained, everyone thats seen it cant believe how good it is for the money. :P

got a mate who bangs on about his saxo VTR being better all the time, he's only 19 though so i just entertain him. He'll drop a :tsktsk: when i tell him about the monster!!

Wish it was 253 :crybaby:

My Altezza is a 99 when i got it dynoed in March it came out at 196.8bhp running on Unleaded 95. On decent fuel, i'd say it will be close to the factory 216bhp

the factory figures are flywheel figures

yours would have been at the wheels or hubs, any flywheel figures would be pure guess work

Wish it was 253 :crybaby:

My Altezza is a 99 when i got it dynoed in March it came out at 196.8bhp running on Unleaded 95. On decent fuel, i'd say it will be close to the factory 216bhp

what did it cost to have it done?

How much for the kit to run on Biofuel(380 Euro) or how much to get it dyno'ed( 60 Euro) :winky:

@Bazza the figure i was given was at the flywheel :blush:

are both required to get the BHP increase??

well the bio fuel adapter kit is needed to allow your car to run on E85, then the dyno will show you any increase in power from using a higher octane fuel(not nessesary but best way to prove actual power increase) . I dunno what the IS200 is recommended to run on but for the altezza its supposed to run on 100 Ron or higher which simply cant be gotten out of the pumps in Ireland so E85 is the best option for me

are both required to get the BHP increase??

well the bio fuel adapter kit is needed to allow your car to run on E85, then the dyno will show you any increase in power from using a higher octane fuel(not nessesary but best way to prove actual power increase) . I dunno what the IS200 is recommended to run on but for the altezza its supposed to run on 100 Ron or higher which simply cant be gotten out of the pumps in Ireland so E85 is the best option for me

i might add it to my ever growing list of things to do :lol:

cheers for the info, and if anyone knows somewhere in yorkshire that can do it, would they PM me please?

cheers

i might add it to my ever growing list of things to do :lol:

cheers for the info, and if anyone knows somewhere in yorkshire that can do it, would they PM me please?

cheers

Your best off finding what the availability of the fuel is like in your area, im lucky. have 2 near me and another few around Dublin. The kit lets you use e85 or unleaded so you wont be in trouble if you cant find a garage that sells e85

"E-85 ethanol is used in engines modified to accept higher concentrations of ethanol. Such flexible-fuel engines are designed to run on any mixture of gasoline or ethanol with up to 85% ethanol by volume. The primary differences from non-FFVs is the elimination of bare magnesium, aluminum, and rubber parts in the fuel system, the use of fuel pumps capable of operating with electrically conductive (ethanol) instead of non-conducting dielectric (gasoline) fuel, specially-coated wear-resistant engine parts, fuel injection control systems having a wider range of pulse widths (for injecting approximately 60% more fuel), the selection of stainless steel fuel lines (sometimes lined with plastic), the selection of stainless steel fuel tanks in place of terne fuel tanks, and, in some cases, the use of acid-neutralizing motor oil. For vehicles with fuel-tank mounted fuel pumps, additional differences to prevent arcing, as well as flame arrestors positioned in the tank's fill pipe, are also sometimes used." (Wikipedia)

Hum..........................

After reading that Wikipedia entry I wouldn't let it anywhere near my car never mind put it in the tank.

Sounds like genuine gut rot for the fuel system, an effective diluter of the engine oil and not to mention the possibility of arcing in the submersible fuel pump blowing up the tank :o

After reading that Wikipedia entry I wouldn't let it anywhere near my car never mind put it in the tank.

Sounds like genuine gut rot for the fuel system, an effective diluter of the engine oil and not to mention the possibility of arcing in the submersible fuel pump blowing up the tank :o

Haven't blown up yet! :crying: A more detailed link about it here