Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

""""""banks""""&quot

GWilso

Evening all just wanted to share my frustration with you

How can banks that make billions every year get away with it???????????????

6 weeks ago I tried to take £250 out of an ATM machine the machine went through all the usual process of giving money but never actually spitted out the cash...... at the time I was quite mithed and concerned but when I got home and checked online I could see that the funds had left but had been immeadiatley returned to my account so no problem then.....

just over a week ago looked at my account online to see there had been an adjustment from A***Y head office for £250.00 for cash recieved from ATM

6 weeks ago. now i'm going up to scotland for a family birthday tomorrow and i'm £250 down (that was the fuel costs LOL :unsure: )

went into the branch filled out the usual dispute forms and was told by the branch manager it would be resolved within 48hrs and the funds would be back in my account as the mistake was obvious...... needlesss to say my banks incompetence rings true AGAIN over a week now still no money back ive called head office and apparently the process takes up to 3 weeks ive spoken to several diffrent managers but was basiclly told tough you need to wait untill we have all the reciepts from the ATM.

My argument is why should I be the one to wait for them to carry out their investigations when they are the ones who ****** up i feel it's theft and theres nothing i can do about it

rant over

No just poped into my local branch were i opened the account why?

I used to get jerked around with the 'jobsworths' but got on friendly terms with my local Bank Manager (HSBC) and then on in it was silky smooth. Don't pay any charges on either Company or personal accounts (get interest on both) and he's helped me out on numerous occasions with letters of intro, and a few events like you have described etc..unfortunately it's usually who you know that counts, and with the overseas call centres and with local branches closing the personal contact is disappearing. I've got a direct number for the BM...if I phone the local branch number I end up talking to a central services location miles away and no help whatsoever.

No just poped into my local branch were i opened the account why?

I used to get jerked around with the 'jobsworths' but got on friendly terms with my local Bank Manager (HSBC) and then on in it was silky smooth. Don't pay any charges on either Company or personal accounts (get interest on both) and he's helped me out on numerous occasions with letters of intro, and a few events like you have described etc..unfortunately it's usually who you know that counts, and with the overseas call centres and with local branches closing the personal contact is disappearing. I've got a direct number for the BM...if I phone the local branch number I end up talking to a central services location miles away and no help whatsoever.

i have a personal business account manager, i must admit they are very good and sort things quickly, although they do make me pay !!

only problem is that in the last 4 years i have had 4 of them, and the branch in which they operate has changed 3 times

so as soon as you get to know one, another comes along :angry:

and thats from natwest who dont close branches they just move them :)

i have a personal business account manager, i must admit they are very good and sort things quickly, although they do make me pay !!

only problem is that in the last 4 years i have had 4 of them, and the branch in which they operate has changed 3 times

so as soon as you get to know one, another comes along :angry:

My BM was moved and I had three personal account managers, but I'm glad to say he's returned and is now my personal & business account manager. One of the intermediary managers left the bank and set up his own company...he's now my personal financial advisor :huh:

Evening all just wanted to share my frustration with you

How can banks that make billions every year get away with it???????????????

6 weeks ago I tried to take £250 out of an ATM machine the machine went through all the usual process of giving money but never actually spitted out the cash...... at the time I was quite mithed and concerned but when I got home and checked online I could see that the funds had left but had been immeadiatley returned to my account so no problem then.....

just over a week ago looked at my account online to see there had been an adjustment from A***Y head office for £250.00 for cash recieved from ATM

6 weeks ago. now i'm going up to scotland for a family birthday tomorrow and i'm £250 down (that was the fuel costs LOL :unsure: )

went into the branch filled out the usual dispute forms and was told by the branch manager it would be resolved within 48hrs and the funds would be back in my account as the mistake was obvious...... needlesss to say my banks incompetence rings true AGAIN over a week now still no money back ive called head office and apparently the process takes up to 3 weeks ive spoken to several diffrent managers but was basiclly told tough you need to wait untill we have all the reciepts from the ATM.

My argument is why should I be the one to wait for them to carry out their investigations when they are the ones who ****** up i feel it's theft and theres nothing i can do about it

rant over

I know how you feel mate i've now been waiting since november last year for £140 from the crappyfax building society for the same thing, they say there waiting for the cash point to be audited ??? How long does it take to audit a cashpoint :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

its terrible whats happened in this case as its clearly not your fault,but i think its equally as clear that banks treat people how they like,the general rule seems to be if you are a valuable customer(ie LOADED) you get special treatment,all charges waived no matter if you are at fault or not and if you are a poor customer(ie NOT LOADED) then they treat you as they like,which is pretty bad,but its the way society has been for a long time,its also gonna get much worse as we head into a two tier society,ie landowners/homeowners and then everyone else.

its terrible whats happened in this case as its clearly not your fault,but i think its equally as clear that banks treat people how they like,the general rule seems to be if you are a valuable customer(ie LOADED) you get special treatment,all charges waived no matter if you are at fault or not and if you are a poor customer(ie NOT LOADED) then they treat you as they like,which is pretty bad,but its the way society has been for a long time,its also gonna get much worse as we head into a two tier society,ie landowners/homeowners and then everyone else.

Whats that old saying "life is like a sh*t sandwich, the more bread you have the less sh*t you have to eat" :ph34r: