Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should I Go Gold?

lex9987

Do you think it would be wise if i went gold?

Tut tut

you had to ask the question.

now you have to read all the posts from people extolling the how much money they have saved, and how great it is to have the really cool gold on black credit card sized membership card, and the custom graphic next to your name, qualify for exclusive group buys , etc etc.

When you could have just paid £25 and joined up

By the time you have read them all, you could have been a member and seen the forums full of discounts!

:lol:

Group buy participation, may in future be restricted to GOLD Members only!!

Not definite, but being considered.....

Taking into account the amount of information available on this site, and if you buy anything for your car recommended on here, you could already save more than the price of membership.

There are even a few members who have posted more than 100 times on LOC, WITHOUT joining gold.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! :arrrggg-matey:

Hi Grim

When I last looked I think I had sent about 99 messages. You have got me thinking !

A club is only as strong as its number of members and as a result I have just signed up and my cheque for £25 is in the post.

For any undecided members I say ' Give it a try as its your club'.

Hi Grim

When I last looked I think I had sent about 99 messages. You have got me thinking !

A club is only as strong as its number of members and as a result I have just signed up and my cheque for £25 is in the post.

For any undecided members I say ' Give it a try as its your club'.

Well done Brian - that is a thoroughly decent course of action.

B)

That's correct. I paid my £25 thinking that it would save me on servicing. However, I've just ordered a new IS200 - and as a previous owner I'm getting 3 years free servicing! Mind you, that won't stop me renewing my membership next year! There is no doubt that advice from my fellow club members assisted me in getting a good deal when buying my new IS200.

I too went Gold yesterday - and no I hadn't seen this post then!! Unfortunately, my dealership, ********, does not offer discounts as yet to Gold members (which I thought was gonna be the deciding factor as I've got my 10K service coming up!) but then I considered how much I read this forum and how much I gain from everyone's input - so even not taking into account the potential discounts on goods bought - I decided it was time I put something back in!

Cheers

Gareth

Just thought I'd add my tuppence worth. ;)

I joined Gold out of curiosity. I didn't expect to use any of the Gold discounts but so far it has saved me about £250 in parts and servicing this past 6 months. :D

My local dealer wasn't on the list when I joined but I mentioned it to Steve and he got in contact with them. :D

The thing to do if your local dealer isn't giving discount is to keep mentioning the club and eventually they'll do the decent thing. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links