Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Grand Day Out – In Hemel Hempstead!

I’ve just got home after a trip down to see Tony at the new WIM in Hemel. It was an interesting and educational hour which I spent with the geometrical guru. It seems that my IS300 was set somewhere within the tolerances the factory requires – hardly surprising after 4100 miles (one lady owner for 2½ years before I got the car a month ago). In other words, all 4 wheels were pointing in something like the same direction, but nowhere near the set up Tony recommends. Front tyre wear was, he asserts, inevitable – and liable to be expensive!! 45 minutes later, he had a set up he was happy with. On the drive home, all seemed well although I confess to simply aiming north on the M1 so it was hardly a good test, but “hands free” the car certainly runs straight and true whereas previously it had a slight wander. I shall go and throw it around a B road or two later on.

So, another satisfied customer. Tony’s time was cheaper than a single tyre, which must be a bargain.

I'm hoping to make the trip to Hemel from Sheffield over the summer holiday to check the geometry on my new IS300. Having previously owned two IS200s, both with inner tyre wear, I'm not taking any chances this time!

Cheers

Phil

I'm hoping to make the trip to Hemel from Sheffield over the summer holiday to check the geometry on my new IS300. Having previously owned two IS200s, both with inner tyre wear, I'm not taking any chances this time!

Cheers

Phil

im in Leeds and thought it was a little too far to travel. Does anyone know of anywhere in Yorkshire thats capable of checking/changing my settings?

I live in Hull, but i'm making the long trek down to see the Dr tomorrow. You can't put a price on your cars safety and handling IMHO.

There are no places in Yorkshire that use Tony's settings, the nearest is TDI (North) Warrington.

Cheers

Phil

im in Leeds and thought it was a little too far to travel. Does anyone know of anywhere in Yorkshire thats capable of checking/changing my settings?

TDI north are aware and use the wim corrective positions for the IS200/300/SC. They are my only recommendation north.

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

Tel: 0800 0196055

Email: info@TDi-North.com

I live in Hull, but i'm making the long trek down to see the Dr tomorrow. You can't put a price on your cars safety and handling IMHO.

There are no places in Yorkshire that use Tony's settings, the nearest is TDI (North) Warrington.

cheers, could i get the setting off tony and ask TDI to do the setup to them??

cheers, could i get the setting off tony and ask TDI to do the setup to them??

TDI have the corrective positions and know how to apply them. You needn't worry.

Hi Tony,

Do you have a recognised centre in the midlands?

Cheers

Simon, Hemel's only about 100 miles from Derby, so no great trip to go and see the man himself. The place is dead easy to find.

It's certainly worth the trip, i'm near Hull and made the trip to see the doc and wasn't dissapointed. It really needed doing since my coilovers were installed, the difference is noticable as soon as you turn the wheel.

Cheers

Phil

TDI north are aware and use the wim corrective positions for the IS200/300/SC. They are my only recommendation north.

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

What about the place in Oldham Tony ? the place Anees went to.

Found it. Drury lane Oldham.

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...2&hl=drury#

That's the one, Drury Lane seems to be highly recommended over on Tony's site, they're in Oldham, not too far from Warrington I don't think, we need more dispersed ones over on this end of the country :)

Cheers

Phil

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

All the "trusted centres" were dropped from the wim/web and wim/forum. Reason being wim had to police the company's abilities constantly. This proved to be a constant drain on my time.

The current "approved centres" are much more advanced and comply exactly to the wim-way.

Cheers

Phil

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

All the "trusted centres" were dropped from the wim/web and wim/forum. Reason being wim had to police the company's abilities constantly. This proved to be a constant drain on my time.

The current "approved centres" are much more advanced and comply exactly to the wim-way.

What sort of set-up Tdi north have Tony ? one of the new machines like Tdi south ?

Cheers

Phil

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

So how did you "police" the "trusted centres" ?

Did you rely on customer feedback ?

Did you get bad feedback about them ?

Or maybe random spotchecks ?

Quote ProLex-UK

Everyday people send me Geometry reports for validation. So over the years you get know who's good and who's bad. In addition i am also asked for recommended centres around the UK (evident in this thread)

I contacted a few centres and it was agreed if they maintain the highest standards of calibration and customer care i would include them in wim as "trusted centres".

The feedback was the forum chatter with members saying they had been to "wherever" as recommended by wim.

Policing the companies was any complaints. If there was a problem after the Geometry the owner would contact me not the company. I then had to analise the problem, contact the company in question explaining where they had failed and have them invite the owner back for correction.

Additionally staff movements meant that a centres standards can go from exemplary to pants overnight. It was for these reasons i decided to discontinue the "trusted centres".

Cheers

Phil

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

I don't believe that's any of your business.

Perhaps you should spend less time worrying about TDI and WIM.

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

Think i'll be visiting TDI north very soon, I'm in wigan so a trip to hemel is a trek and a half unfortunately