Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top Speed

only had my is 200 for a couple of months and even though im old enough to know better i took it up to 120 mph on saturday and if the wife wasnt with me i might have carried on, but how fast will they go? it just doesnt seem to struggle to find the power, also ive been using v-power petrol from shell ,£60 to fill the tank and almost 400 miles, some people seem to be complaining a lot about fuel consump but i think its pretty good for a car you just cant drive slow :driving:

johnbaby i think you missed the bit where you say that you popped over to the German Autobahns to do the testing :whistling:

dave ellen and me recorded 140 for a steady few miles (sat nav speed) and funnily enough was on the German Autobahn

johnbaby i think you missed the bit where you say that you popped over to the German Autobahns to do the testing :whistling:

dave ellen and me recorded 140 for a steady few miles (sat nav speed) and funnily enough was on the German Autobahn

yes bazza thats right i forgot i wasnt on the wrexham / chester bypass ;)

I believe that the IS200 will top out at 145 mph (on the speedo) and so 140 mph in the real world (approximately). But as Bazza has previously said the only place that speed would be possible is the German autobahns.

I also agree with Jamie, you have to be very careful when talking about speeds over the speed limit!

i hope that no one is missing a main point in all of this

legal or not at 120 or 140 if you hit something or loose control, you are almost a certain candidate for a gravestone

if you are going to travel at excessive speeds make sure conditions are suitable, then think again !! is it really worth it

please drive safely

Also what speed rating are your tyres? and remember to have the correct pressure in each....

speed rating as far as i know is the max that the tyre can do safely for a few minutes.... not for extended cruising...

Here you go mate a pic of mine on a private road of course :whistling:

not good fuel economy here!

my speedo does read alot different from my road angel GPS device, low speed or motorway 70mph :winky:

Very good point about tyres!!! I have seen a highspeed blowout and it wasn't nice.

Be careful when talking about subjects like this, there was a topic earlier tonight about someone from the VX220 owner's club who has been collared by the police for boasting about acheived speeds.

Jamie

thats a fair point as far as saftey goes i only touched the high speed i mentioned , ive been on tracks done 145 in a ferrari not so long a go so i do relise we all drive cars that go fast but shouldnt on the road!

As Bazza says, at that sort of speed (having been at 179mph on a track) i can safely say that its **** scary, even small bumps feel like crators...

Just be glad you're not in Sheffield, they don't have small bumps in the road there - they are all craters :lol:

We did 155mph on the Autobahn in a Merc and to be honest it was boring, everything was quiet and it didn't feel quick or exciting, just pretty boring :(

I think the noise of the car plays a big part - I used to get people screaming at me to slow down in the IS200 with the supercharger and induction kit when I'd be doing 10mph due to the noise, if I'm being gentle with this one they don't notice, worked out well earlier when I had a policewoman in the car and I broke the limit briefly during an overtaking maneuver, luckily she let me off for good behaviour :lol:

When you do 170 mph on a motorbike ............ then you really know what speed feels like ;)

Careful mate don't want the police coming after you :P :lol:

Come and try doing 30mph around Sheffield on the bike, bet it's a scarier sensation, these roads are the worst in the country, even used to hate driving down the bypass to the M1 when I had coils on the IS as even at 60 it felt like the car was falling to pieces :lol:

When you do 170 mph on a motorbike ............ then you really know what speed feels like ;)

naughty naughty lol i must say that will be indicated speed at i dont think the 600 go past a true 160

I believe that the IS200 will top out at 145 mph (on the speedo) and so 140 mph in the real world (approximately).

it tops out on the speedo at exactly 140mph.....

here was when i tested mine with the supercharger just fitted a few years ago.....(2837 miles old)

it was ..............In germany

aam.sized.jpg

it tops out on the speedo at exactly 140mph.....

here was when i tested mine with the supercharger just fitted a few years ago.....(2837 miles old)

it was ..............In germany

aam.sized.jpg

Thats a lot better pic than mine Mat and i bet it got there a bit quicker than mine with the good old s/c fitted.. :whistling:

Unfortunatly Josie took the photo after I had let off the accelerator, but we made a note of the GPS speed.

You've got some white knuckles there pal, holding on tight with that left hand :D