Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ordered Yesterday :winky:

IS 250-SE Manual with Multimedia Pack

Black with Black Interior

P/X my Audi TT Coupe just over 2 1/2 years old with 10,865 miles

I am hoping to pick her up on the 2nd July 07

I personally think the whole issue with buying / owning a black car is simply down to personal preference. My neighbour has a black GS300 and cleans & polishes it twice a week. Beautiful when clean but VERY easily dirty again. He has bought many brands of cleaner & polish and used to valet cars for a living.

He wishes he hadn't purchased a black car now as he gets very frustrated with keeping it clean. He has no regrets buying a Lexus (His 1st Lexus).

Myself i would never buy a black Lexus (Or any other vehicle manufacturer / which would never happen)

Again the above is MY personal thought on this topic!!!

I personally think the whole issue with buying / owning a black car is simply down to personal preference. My neighbour has a black GS300 and cleans & polishes it twice a week. Beautiful when clean but VERY easily dirty again. He has bought many brands of cleaner & polish and used to valet cars for a living.

He wishes he hadn't purchased a black car now as he gets very frustrated with keeping it clean. He has no regrets buying a Lexus (His 1st Lexus).

Myself i would never buy a black Lexus (Or any other vehicle manufacturer / which would never happen)

Again the above is MY personal thought on this topic!!!

neal......Thanks for the reply :winky:

I live on a farm and go down a dirt track to get to my house each day. While I think black cars looks the business for me it would simply be an impractical colour. At the end of the day it is all down to personal choice.

I could answer your question about whether you made the right decision - but i wouldnt want to spoil your day :tsktsk:

But as the guy is from Staffs, he won't have gone to the same dealer as you and hopefully won't have the same trials and tribulations as you have had.

I could answer your question about whether you made the right decision - but i wouldnt want to spoil your day :tsktsk:

Thanks for all the replys

Eunos800 sorry to see you are having problems hope you get it sorted soon

LEXBOY.

I too am in the process of trawling many dealers to find my next motor,i once owned a 05 plate audi a4 in black,oh my goodness what a mistake that was.

let me explain,black looks the buisness in a showroom all polished an all. but the moment it sees any sort of bad weather it looks dreadful,every single mark scar and blemish shows up like a sore thumb. i can remember thersalesman,` yes sir black is the new silver.`dont think so.

having said that its all down to personal choice,it will look the buisness but be prepared for many a days cleaning.

i see that you are in staffs like myself. i have seen an is250 at lexus stoke which i will be testing soon,how were the dealers and are they fair with part ex.prices,silly question i know.

enjoy the motor which colour you choose. mickey.j.

LEXBOY.

I too am in the process of trawling many dealers to find my next motor,i once owned a 05 plate audi a4 in black,oh my goodness what a mistake that was.

let me explain,black looks the buisness in a showroom all polished an all. but the moment it sees any sort of bad weather it looks dreadful,every single mark scar and blemish shows up like a sore thumb. i can remember thersalesman,` yes sir black is the new silver.`dont think so.

having said that its all down to personal choice,it will look the buisness but be prepared for many a days cleaning.

i see that you are in staffs like myself. i have seen an is250 at lexus stoke which i will be testing soon,how were the dealers and are they fair with part ex.prices,silly question i know.

enjoy the motor which colour you choose. mickey.j.

Hi mickey.j.

I looked at many manufacturers: and one in particularly was Mercedes. I like the look of the new C class

but the specifications are nowhere near as good as the IS250. They offered me £14,000 for my Audi TT

Lexus Stoke: have given me £17,000 plus what I think is a good discount as well.

11 days to go before I pick her up :driving:

Nice, am I the only guy that got Black with Beige interior?

No Dude you are not alone Black with oakham interior (love it )

back to thread

nice one -enjoy the limo and enjoy keeping those front wheels clean !!!!!!!!!!- what was the TT like to live with

Nice, am I the only guy that got Black with Beige interior?

No Dude you are not alone Black with oakham interior (love it )

back to thread

nice one -enjoy the limo and enjoy keeping those front wheels clean !!!!!!!!!!- what was the TT like to live with

Hi swager

well.... before the Audi TT. i had two Toyota Celica Gen 7

but as you know Toyota stopped production of Celicas( :tsktsk: knows why)

So I looked around and the only alternative(to me) was the Audi TT

it is fun to drive and handles very well. and in all honesty I haven't had one problem

Welcome and hopefully you'll have the benefit of a great car, the newer ones don't appear to be blighted with the issues some of us have with ours - so go for it...

Black is a very good colour on Prestige cars - they always look good (when clean) and sell well too.

Any of the darker colours are the same - even my Mesa red - which is stunning when clean, is on the border line of looking drab when really mucky and picking up dirt in the rain (when will it stop?). But it does wear muck better than black, cadoxton etc.

I would strongly recommend that if you have bought this car with your own cash, treat it with a Sealant Glaze immediately and apply 2-3 coats of it and some decent non-abrasive wax (again 2-3 coats). You can DIY it - dealers charge a fortune - and even a novice like me has done it for less than £60 for all the bits - and I have enough to last me for ages...check out one of my posts of this - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;hl=carlack68 - this stuff has only been topped up thrice with more Carnauba P21s and the car is still stunning!! Water just beads off...

Lexus paint is notoriously soft (and I still think all that stuff about it being kinder to the environment is tosh, our Nissan has fantastic paint quality - very tuff and I've heard is regarded as one of the kindest), so just making it clean won't be enough - you'll need to wash it properly and carefully to stop those naff swirls blighting it.

One thing positively stateable is that Lexus paint looks deep, rich and glossy, ad the newer generation cars have very very little orange peel effect...just compare it to a BMW which IMHO looks dull and hammerited!

I'm green with jealousy Lexboy - mine's on order but looking at 3 - 4 months due to colour / interior combination I've gone for.

On the colour choice / cleaning, I've currently got a big black 7 seater - like everyone says, crap to keep clean, used to take me best part of half a day to clean and then polish to get rid of the streaks.

However, year or so ago, I invested in the old 'flash car wash' kit, absolutely brilliant once you get the hang of it, can clean the car in under an hour, no drying, streaking and car looks stunning for days afterwards.

Expensive for a big car like mine as need a new drying cartridge virtually every clean but well worth it in my opinion, especially if you take pride in your car.

Sad thing is, getting harder and harder to get the shampoo / drying cartridges now, not many stockists out there

Anyway, enjoy your car!

Welcome and hopefully you'll have the benefit of a great car, the newer ones don't appear to be blighted with the issues some of us have with ours - so go for it...

Black is a very good colour on Prestige cars - they always look good (when clean) and sell well too.

Any of the darker colours are the same - even my Mesa red - which is stunning when clean, is on the border line of looking drab when really mucky and picking up dirt in the rain (when will it stop?). But it does wear muck better than black, cadoxton etc.

I would strongly recommend that if you have bought this car with your own cash, treat it with a Sealant Glaze immediately and apply 2-3 coats of it and some decent non-abrasive wax (again 2-3 coats). You can DIY it - dealers charge a fortune - and even a novice like me has done it for less than £60 for all the bits - and I have enough to last me for ages...check out one of my posts of this - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;hl=carlack68 - this stuff has only been topped up thrice with more Carnauba P21s and the car is still stunning!! Water just beads off...

Lexus paint is notoriously soft (and I still think all that stuff about it being kinder to the environment is tosh, our Nissan has fantastic paint quality - very tuff and I've heard is regarded as one of the kindest), so just making it clean won't be enough - you'll need to wash it properly and carefully to stop those naff swirls blighting it.

One thing positively stateable is that Lexus paint looks deep, rich and glossy, ad the newer generation cars have very very little orange peel effect...just compare it to a BMW which IMHO looks dull and hammerited!

Jamboo...... Thank you very much for the link & info :winky:

Price Pounder are selling a complete kit for £5.99...

Who??? Is there one in Leicester?

Oadby Town Centre - just round the corner from the A6

Cheers dude, need to pop into Leicester tomorrow so I might call in there...

We have a shop called Instore (would expect that they are all over the place) that have the Flash Kits for £5.99 and the refills for only 99p so needless to say i stocked up!

We have a shop called Instore (would expect that they are all over the place) that have the Flash Kits for £5.99 and the refills for only 99p so needless to say i stocked up!

Just Googled Instore and there is one in Oadby, wonder if it is the same store that Jamboo is talking about...