Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Price Pounder are selling a complete kit for £5.99...

Who??? Is there one in Leicester?

Oadby Town Centre - just round the corner from the A6

Cheers dude, need to pop into Leicester tomorrow so I might call in there...

We have a shop called Instore (would expect that they are all over the place) that have the Flash Kits for £5.99 and the refills for only 99p so needless to say i stocked up!

J.t where is the intore located in Derby?I Gooled them but the closest one I found is in BOT

We have a shop called Instore (would expect that they are all over the place) that have the Flash Kits for £5.99 and the refills for only 99p so needless to say i stocked up!

J.t where is the intore located in Derby?I Gooled them but the closest one I found is in BOT

Its in Heanor next to Argos

Just Googled Instore and there is one in Oadby, wonder if it is the same store that Jamboo is talking about...

My apologies - it is called "InStore" now

Just Googled Instore and there is one in Oadby, wonder if it is the same store that Jamboo is talking about...

My apologies - it is called "InStore" now

Don't worry - found the shop and picked some up today. :winky:

Even more :offtopic: although still talking about cleaning cars, while I was in Leicester decided to pop round and get my car cleaned for free at Lexus Leciester. I was told now that due to popular demand you have to book your car in!! :ohmy: They take bookings from Wednesday onwards... They did manage to squeeze me in though mainly because I had travelled quite a way, although they are my nearest dealer.

Been away - I've actually seen some sun, almost forgotten what it looks like...

I've got black with beige interior and have never regretted it. Think the black interior looks dingy and the grey looks little better.

Beige interior makes the cabin very light and airy, though it's a good job I ain't got no dustbin lids!!

When I was considering the colour, my supposedly very hip and trendy nieces advised me against Silver, "so last century" and that black was the new black.

The car I drove for my test drive was white and IMO is the sh :tsktsk: iest colour I have ever seen (even beating the dayglo lime greens of the early 70s).

Got to admit that the paint is soft - I washed mine a few weeks back and whilst rinsing it down accidentally let the hosepipe ride up over the C-pillar which has scratched the painwork, you can see what appears to be light (primer?) paint where it's scratched, but I can't believe it is as that would mean the topcoat is only about 5 microns thick. Will it T-cut out anybody, or what's the best way of dealing with it? :question::question:

Only real issue is the :tsktsk: that let his trolley run into the back of my car denting the boot lid right next to the Lexus badge whilst it was parked in Leeds/Bradford airport car park. Why do people do that???

If you can see the primer then I doubt you could just cut it out. I washed my car for the first time yesterday - after 3 weeks (3 times longer than normal :o largely 'cos of the weather), and I couldn't believe how many new scratches and chips it's picked up.

It really is shocklingly thin - so much so that I really think it's very bad that a premium brand is painted with such a soft finish.

From experience I've found that it makes no odds when it comes time to sell on - they offer you bottom book trade regardless (unless you've got physical dents), so I'm just gonna invest in a Chipstick and touch up kit.

anybody tried colour magic?

i was looking at it in halfords, just wondered if its worh getting some as my bonnet is covered in white chips, and fine scratches from next doors cat.

I'm not sure what that would do to my Carlack68/Klasse treatment, so I've avoided it so far...I nearly bought the Colour T Cut today just for the Chipstick...

The general opinion is don't use Color Magic. It's a shame because short term, the results are superb, but the finish won't last more than a fortnight.

I used to have an is200 in black with beige interior and it was a nightmare to keep clean inside and out as both showed every little bit of sh**e. I now have a 250 in black with black interior and, guess what..........it's a nightmare to keep clean inside and out. The black interior shows up more crap than the beige ever did.

Even more :offtopic: although still talking about cleaning cars, while I was in Leicester decided to pop round and get my car cleaned for free at Lexus Leciester. I was told now that due to popular demand you have to book your car in!! :ohmy: They take bookings from Wednesday onwards... They did manage to squeeze me in though mainly because I had travelled quite a way, although they are my nearest dealer.

:offtopic: Cleaned for free? Is this service offered at all Lexus centres or just specific ones?

:offtopic: I got the flash stuff from in-store as well bloody bargain, quick question are you guys using the supplied Flash cleaner or using something else?

:offtopic: Cleaned for free? Is this service offered at all Lexus centres or just specific ones?

:offtopic: I got the flash stuff from in-store as well bloody bargain, quick question are you guys using the supplied Flash cleaner or using something else?

Not sure if centres do but Derby do if that help anyone.

I personally don’t use the flash cleaner I use a 25 to 1 TFR with wax that I get direct from a chemical manufacture in 25ltr containers and only use the Flash for the autodry.

what do you do? just drive in and ask them to wash it?

Not sure if they all work the same but i just phone them in the week and tell them that iam coming on Saturday morning because they can only do so many and get very busy.

what do you do? just drive in and ask them to wash it?

Leicester used to be like that, just turn up and have a coffee while they did the car but now they have changed. You have to ring up from Wednesday onwards to book in for Saturday as they get quite busy.

• 4 weeks later...

Do Lexus still use the same paint as they did 3 yrs ago?

My father had an RX 300 for 3 yrs (04 plate),dark colour and it was parked outside all the time.It wasn’t cleaned that frequently and polished only occasionally and when he traded it in recently the paintwork stll looked very good.

Also is there any danger in using Autoglym products,specifically their Bodywork shampoo/conditioner(green label bottle) and Super Resin polish

Something in the Air...?

Also traded in a TT 34 months old with 30k on the clock, Ordered a Lexus 220DSE Cadoxan Slate with Beige interior.

Price to change £10.5K sounds like a good deal to me as trade value for TT is £12K according to What car.. but if anyone knows better I bow to your knowledge....

Big change from the TT but it's for the wife not me....