big thanks to tony and mark from WIM for all there hard work

thanks to the TDI team, who as normal made us all feel welcome

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great day too, it was good to see some new faces, and the not so new :D

Great piece of kit, very impressive.

Thanks to Tony and all at TDI for putting up with us all.

John

Just got in after a thrilling ride back in Yemigs car :) sounds absoulty amazing going along at 4,000rpm upwards, it really sings.

Also went in Daves stage 2 super charger, and i must say it does go, there were 4 (not the lightest ppl) in the car at the time and it did shift.

Got to see some new faces and put names to other which was good

Ahmet took a while to find his helmet (which ive herd from the girls is a normal procedure) :lol: and dude bad attemp at a wheely heheheheheh

Saw the VW race car from next door kill it up and down a few times (BLOOOOOOOOOOOMIN fast and BLOOOOOOOMIN noisey)

Drove my car Yippy very please but didnt bring it home due to no credit rating :( who said not having a credit card was a good thing :(:(:(

Roll on JAE i cant freeeeekin wait :)

Superb day. Thank you all that attended and the entire TDI team for the accredited Pro-drive knowledge with the corner weighting calculations and dynamic indexing profiles....

I was privileged today to meed the "low-club" who's cars are so modified that most Geometry calibration machines simply cannot fit the car.... As we experienced TDI's Arago performed flawlessly.... Although we only displayed a small area of the 3D imaging abilities....

Apart from the MX5.... I measured the car at Kiplings this week and the Supertracker machine suggested the chassis was twisted.... The Arago proved this was not the case, much to the owners relief.

I have issues up-loading images here..... So if you need some look here> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...40&start=40

It was a good day :) Nice to see to you all with this nice weather. It has been so sunny that my face and my neck are burnt :nugget:

Thanks to TDI and Tony, it was a very good day :)

Nice to put some more faces to names ........... and see the 'usual mob' always good to see you guys again.

Ellz, wheeley ? I don't condone such behaviour .... I was just testing my throttle response ! haha

Barrie, you will need something a LOT faster to catch up next time ;)

Wozza, nice sound system ............ I' m not partially deaf :D

I'll try and make JAE although I can't gurantee ! :crybaby:

as usuall was great to meet new faces and see some of the old uns again...and again....and again

couldnt stay long had to drive to chepstow....(wales) to get the info on my new Job in the Drift Scene...."Official Possition"

Thanks to all at TDI (shaun,sam,wayne and Phil) and also thanks to Tony

P7070029.jpg

as usuall was great to meet new faces and see some of the old uns again...and again....and again

couldnt stay long had to drive to chepstow....(wales) to get the info on my new Job in the Drift Scene...."Official Possition"

Thanks to all at TDI (shaun,sam,wayne and Phil) and also thanks to Tony

P7070029.jpg

The wheels-inmotion decal on the "Drifty" was a real surprise..... Even more so the prominent positions. Thank you very much for that mat. All i need to do now is get my name on the Geometry calibration.... Including some tyre preservation.

i cant wait to see the settings for the Monster, infact im pretty interested in the corner weight results

this is why its kinda a pain that the few bits that i need to get finished....need doing before the settings are done.

(passenger floor plate, Battery and mount, passenger seat, and harness)

maybe i should just arrange with mark for me to come down again and bring the bits to fit, myself before we start the settings, only really looking at a few hours work

i cant wait to see the settings for the Monster, infact im pretty interested in the corner weight results

this is why its kinda a pain that the few bits that i need to get finished....need doing before the settings are done.

(passenger floor plate, battery and mount, passenger seat, and harness)

maybe i should just arrange with mark for me to come down again and bring the bits to fit, myself before we start the settings, only really looking at a few hours work

So long as we have all the adjusters fitted and your finishing touches then we are a go!... Maybe Mark@wim and myself can give you a hand.....

I am glad to hear that it was mostly enjoyable day, and am very proud that the Team peformed well and shone like stars in my absense :D

This was also a steep learning curve for us because it was the first day of it's kind for us (and as far as I know for anywhere else in the world), and it was the first time that the new equipment has been used in anger - certainly a baptism of fire.

I think we may have made some mistakes concerning the management of the event (taking on too many cars), which is understable considering it had never been done before, so I appologise if anyone feels disappointed that they did not get the free analysis. We'll ensure that the next event is slicker :)

To all those that attended - thank you very much for your continued support - myself and the the Team very much appreciate it :flowers:

Some of the photos i got from yesterday

Monster Lambo engine

070720071781.jpg

Monster Fans in dyno room

070720071782.jpg

Barrys Red Barron (or should i say janeys) :whistling:

070720071783.jpg

Evo and Lambo

070720071784.jpg

Monsters dash, bit blurry, I got in the monster and must say its gonna be fun seeing matt get in and out when hes at competions :hehe:

070720071785.jpg

Barrys (janeys) :tomato: engine bay

070720071787.jpg

And my favorite car of the day (after mine of course LoL)

070720071788.jpg

Lovely integra, Sam said pushing 200 at the hubs N/A

This was also a steep learning curve for us because it was the first day of it's kind for us (and as far as I know for anywhere else in the world)

Sounds like a good day, think the first one of its kind was at STS 2 years back.

This was also a steep learning curve for us because it was the first day of it's kind for us (and as far as I know for anywhere else in the world)

Sounds like a good day, think the first one of its kind was at STS 2 years back.

That was indeed similar Lee.

I guess the main differences are that the amount of recorded data has substantially increased, a Prodrive trained Chassis Dynamics expert was on hand to provide advice and of course the day was completely free of charge.

I believe this to be a first but I could be wrong.

I guess the main differences are that the amount of recorded data has substantially increased, a Prodrive trained Chassis Dynamics expert was on hand to provide advice.

Thought I'd show an example of a readout from the Arago, plus the notated results from the corner weighting. The data at the top came from the machine's car/model data file, as the actual rims are 19"....and the car's lowered, hence the negative camber.

The 250 doesn't look at all bad considering it had an almost empty petrol tank...the weight of 60 0r 70 litres of fuel would no doubt have balanced it a little more :whistling:

aragogeometry080707cp1.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-08

Quote: Tango

By default the wheel size is offered at 18". The roll back/forth run-out compensation detects the actual diameter and re-calibrates the machine. This is done so accurately it even knows how many revolutions each wheel makes per mile. And with a data-bank of 25000 cars the actual chassis positions were available to overlap your cars chassis....

I was pleasantly surprised the last calibration positions i set are relatively stable after 3K miles. And as you say a DI of 1.31 would have been better with a full fuel tank..... Although i am not sure on the "pre-loading" parameters for the indexing at an official level.

Hey guys...

First time I've been able to get on the computer since I got back. Just to reiterate the others, was a very good day. First time I've met any of the members from down South, think I spoke to most of them (although remembering names will be tricky!). Had a new exhaust put on while I was there :whistling:

Thanks to the guys at TDI, especially Phil who put a lot of work into my car! Top blokes the lot of them.

Some pics:

My car up on the ramps while Janey's car (doesn't seem to be Bazza's any more!) was getting weighed:

P1010189Small.jpg

New exhaust going on...

P1010188Small.jpg

Exhaust in place...

P1010190Small.jpg

That's dedication...

P1010194Small.jpg

Actually I think he was just having sleep in there... :lol:

P1010193Small.jpg

Finished - my car seems to be gradually morphing into the Monster!

P1010196Small.jpg

And thanks to the guys again for getting my car on the "Bean Machine" even after everybody else had gone home! Shame I didn't have time for a chat about the results but time was against us :(

Hey guys...

First time I've been able to get on the computer since I got back. Just to reiterate the others, was a very good day. First time I've met any of the members from down South, think I spoke to most of them (although remembering names will be tricky!).

it was great to meet you both, hope you had a good weekend :D

My car up on the ramps while Janey's car (doesn't seem to be Bazza's any more!) was getting weighed:

:ohmy: i am going to reclaim it back....................................once its been washed and polished :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk