Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeaking Clutch?

clutch release bearing, gearbox off to replace it

expensive?? or is it your typical cheap part but takes forever and a day to get to the part??

Basically i think it will need the clutch replacing! i have the same on mine mate, although mine has been going for about 4 months now, havn't got the money for the clutch though :crybaby:

New oem clutch is about the £200 mark!!!!!

Jason :P

Basically i think it will need the clutch replacing! i have the same on mine mate, although mine has been going for about 4 months now, havn't got the money for the clutch though :crybaby:

New oem clutch is about the £200 mark!!!!!

£200 fitted? would it be more beneficial to get an after market one, maybe a racing one??

yeh its the clutch release beariing, i think you will be ok for now, mines been going for about a 8 months now, its a tad annoying but as my clutch only occasionally slips, but will need replacing soon (when i have the cash), so will get the bearing fixed then

£200 fitted? would it be more beneficial to get an after market one, maybe a racing one??

No mate, £200 just for the clutch! racing ones are more £350+. I think labour will be loads as well as its a big job.

Im probably going to get one of these clutch's when i come to replace it........

Exedy Clutch kit on ebay

Prolex do another version (helix) for about £360, i think?

Mines been sqeaking since i bought it 12000 miles ago and still hasnt gone...

Unless your starting to get slippy clutch i really wouldnt worry about replaceing it just yet.

'slippy clutch'?? is that a technical term? :lol: is it when it starts to slip out of gear??

The symptoms of a slipping clutch are just that the speed doesn't increase while the revs do, it's a weird sensation when it happens!

No idea why as it seems daft but mine was usually ok in the dry but always slipped just when it was wet - weird :lol:

The symptoms of a slipping clutch are just that the speed doesn't increase while the revs do, it's a weird sensation when it happens!

No idea why as it seems daft but mine was usually ok in the dry but always slipped just when it was wet - weird :lol:

Im sure i just said that :D :shifty:

Yeah I opened tonnes of tabs and it takes me a while to get through them all so you beat me :D

Never understood why it was always in the wet it had a problem though, would have thought that the extra cooling from the water would have helped it, not made it worse, these cars are as bad as women for figuring out at times :lol:

im having the same problem... at least i think i am...

it starts to squeak at around 55mph+

i read this post this morning and on my drive back home i dropped the clutch to see if the squeaking would stop when i was doing around 60mph on a country road, but the mouse noises were still going.

if it was the clutch release bearing would'nt the squeaking stop?

anything else it might? im tempted to say that its coming from the front driver side wheel, but i say this as its the only window i can listen out from when driving lol

clutch release bearing is only active when you apply/release the clutch if something is squeaking all the time then its something else.

normally with a new clutch a new bearing is included ( on other makes anyway)